insurance question . . . again ;)

Jocey'sMommy

i have progressive. do they reimburse for whatever seat you buy as a replacement? or do they cut a check for the msrp for the seat(s) involved in the crash? tomorrow is going to be a fun fun day ....

ADS

Dillipop

i have progressive. do they reimburse for whatever seat you buy as a replacement? or do they cut a check for the msrp for the seat(s) involved in the crash? tomorrow is going to be a fun fun day ....

I think it will depend on what state you're in. The couple times I've dealt with them in RI, I went out and bought seats and sent in the receipts for the new ones. I tried to stay close to what I had in the car at the time of the accident.

Kobain's Mommy

I don't have Progressive, but our insurance had me look up what it would cost to replace our seats. Then I bought what seats I wanted and they cut me a check with the receipt of the new seats up to the cost of the old ones. I had a SnugRide 32 and Marathon 70 that were crashed. They were replaced with a BLVD G3 and FR 90. I think I had to pay like $50-75 out of pocket for the upgrades.

Jocey'sMommy

I think it will depend on what state you're in. The couple times I've dealt with them in RI, I went out and bought seats and sent in the receipts for the new ones. I tried to stay close to what I had in the car at the time of the accident.

ok thanks i just want to know if i need to budget the actual cash for new seats this week. i had a boulevard and parkway sgl :( both less than 6 months old

Jocey'sMommy

talked to my progressive claims agent yesterday. they will reimburse for whatever seats i buy to replace :) i buy and email copies of the receipt and they cut a check for the same amount :)

Dillipop

talked to my progressive claims agent yesterday. they will reimburse for whatever seats i buy to replace :) i buy and email copies of the receipt and they cut a check for the same amount :)

In my experience, once you email the receipts, it only takes a couple days to get a check in the mail from them.

Jocey'sMommy

so my agent sucks. I emailed her receipts last Sunday and confirmed receipt Monday morning. called Friday and "oops the checks is sitting on my desk with 10 others, I'll mail them this afternoon" :mad:

tallymom

I was rear ended by a person that had Progressive. The agent I spoke to just had me email him the seats/stroller I was interested in and mailed me a check for that amount. The total actually ended up being around $240 more than what I paid for the seats/stroller.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC