Company car/truck - children in danger

wondering1

How would you notify the company that children were improperly restrained in the vehicle?

The vehicle in question had the web page and phone number emblazoned on the back/sides/etc.

Boys (perhaps 11/12) in extended cab of truck with no belts being used at all.

Phone? Email? Snail mail?

What safety info would you provide?

The company is concerned with safety since they are in construction!

ADS

mominabigtruck

At 11 or 12 I would say no. If I saw a child that age not restrained in a car I wouldn't call the police because in some states only the driver is required to be buckled.

southpawboston

but even if there is no law for occupants to be seatbelted, it may be company policy to require occupants to use them, simply for the company's own liability. what state is this in?

i get sick to my stomach when i'm in NH (no seatbelt law above 18 yo) and i see people, young and old alike, not wearing a seatbelt. just sick. i see this with 50% of the cars up there, no less...

wondering1

Here's our law:

Children age nine (9) through age twelve (12), or any child through twelve (12) years of age, measuring four feet nine inches (4'9") or more in height, must be secured in a seat belt system. It is recommended that any such child be placed in the rear seat, if available. (Note: If the child is not between age nine (9) and age twelve (12), but is four feet nine inches (4'9") or more in height, he/she must still use a seat belt system meeting federal motor vehicle safety standards.)

Children age thirteen (13) through age fifteen (15) must be secured by using a passenger restraint system, including safety belts, meeting federal motor vehicle safety standards.

The driver of the car is responsible for making sure that children under age sixteen (16) are properly restrained and may be charged and fined $50.00 for violation of the law. If the child's parent or legal guardian is present in the car but not driving, the parent or legal guardian is responsible for making sure that the child is properly transported and may be fined for non-compliance.

Police officers observing violations of this law are permitted to stop drivers and take enforcement action. PLEASE PROPERLY RESTRAIN CHILDREN

Niea

I would probably send a snail mail letter, citing your state's law, what you witnessed. Include the vehicle description, date/time, and location. Obviously include your contact info incase they have questions.

I'd give them a week or two, then, follow up via phone or email.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC