Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Camry vs. Legacy - FF seats in Camry?

We're thinking about a new car for DH, and deciding between a Toyota Camry and a Subaru Legacy. Lots of family members have Camry's and love them, but I had read that it can be difficult to install FF seats because the vehicle headrests are fixed and can push the child car seat forward. I am worried about tall FF seats and high-back boosters. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience? I love some of the features of the Legacy, but the Camry would be cheaper for us. The issue with installing FF seats is my only reason not to buy the Camry.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Camry vs. Legacy - FF seats in Camry?

Quote Originally Posted by wagonlover View Post
    We're thinking about a new car for DH, and deciding between a Toyota Camry and a Subaru Legacy. Lots of family members have Camry's and love them, but I had read that it can be difficult to install FF seats because the vehicle headrests are fixed and can push the child car seat forward. I am worried about tall FF seats and high-back boosters. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience? I love some of the features of the Legacy, but the Camry would be cheaper for us. The issue with installing FF seats is my only reason not to buy the Camry.
    We looked at both cars in way back in 2009. We went to the dealers with all three car seats (we needed to get 3 across) and tried installing them before even bothering with test drives. With those models (I know the legacy is recently updated, not sure about the camry), the legacy was much better for 3 across because it didn't have big side bolsters like the camry did. I don't remember about the headrests as the bolsters ruled out 3 across. My point is that I wouldn't be shy about taking whatever car seats you want to try out in the car and testing it out. FWIW, we went with the legacy and we really like it. Our model gets great gas mileage for an AWD, and even in balmy Texas, AWD is nice to have because of the rain.