Bubble Bum slipping???

jewels2b

I have a bubble bum for the occasional need for a booster in the middle of back seat of my BMW X5 (so narrow barely fits any other seat). I have been trying it out for my 6 year old as we are traveling to costa rica soon and I'd rather not pack a hard booster. We will be traveling on a small plane that only allows 30lbs per passenger in baggage so space is limited. We will be renting a car when we arrive at our destination so we need something for her. She says that she slips off the bubble bum and it slips out from under her. We do have the seatbelt threaded properly and when she's sitting properly it fits fine. Have any other kids here complained about it slipping? I have a feeling it's my leather seats. Our rental car will most likely be cloth seats so that might help.

ADS

Mysweethoneybee

I haven't really had any complaints from kids that use one in our van with leather seats. Mine is pretty well used at this point. I have seen some Bubblebums that aren't as flat where kids sit as mine and that could be a problem too. Hopefully someone else can chime on this issue. I hope it works okay in your rental car. I understand the wish to not carry a hard booster on a trip. Hopefully you get a better answer here too.

aeormsby

My kids don't like using it unless they have a foot rest (we usually use a duffel bag or something soft like that). It's so short kids tend to slide forward easily because they don't have enough leg support and their legs are dangling awkwardly.

jewels2b

She's tall too. 4'1" (and I made a mistake, she's actually 7, LOL.. I forgot she turned 7 this summer :) )
Since we are traveling we will only have our suitcases and each kid gets a backpack. Maybe I better just bring a hard booster. I know that she's comfortable in the harmony cruz booster, it's just so bulky since we are limited with bags. I also have the cosco top side too but I don't like how the belt fits on that one.

aeormsby

My kids use the pilot cases for traveling and the just fit in the foot wells of our rental car (DS has one like this: http://www.ebags.com/product/lucas/wheeled-under-the-seat-bag/211182?productid=10128614)

The other option for a foot rest is something inflatable like this: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Inflatable-Travel-Footrest-Therapeutic-Your/dp/B003FFHO2Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407982205&sr=8-1&keywords=inflatable+foot+rest"]Amazon.com : Inflatable Travel Footrest - Therapeutic For Your Legs! : Travel Foot Rest : Office Products[/ame]

NancyC

Yes, sometimes leather seats can cause this issue. For any car seat that is slipping, it is recommended that you cut some shelf liner to size and place it under the seat, this always does the trick. If you dont have any, I would just contact the company and see what they would recommend. We have two bubblebums and they are AMAZING! They will be perfect for your vacation! Enjoy! :)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Please check your private messages, I am sending you contact information for a BubbleBum representative that would like to reach out to you on this.

I have a bubble bum for the occasional need for a booster in the middle of back seat of my BMW X5 (so narrow barely fits any other seat). I have been trying it out for my 6 year old as we are traveling to costa rica soon and I'd rather not pack a hard booster. We will be traveling on a small plane that only allows 30lbs per passenger in baggage so space is limited. We will be renting a car when we arrive at our destination so we need something for her. She says that she slips off the bubble bum and it slips out from under her. We do have the seatbelt threaded properly and when she's sitting properly it fits fine. Have any other kids here complained about it slipping? I have a feeling it's my leather seats. Our rental car will most likely be cloth seats so that might help.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yes, sometimes leather seats can cause this issue. For any car seat that is slipping, it is recommended that you cut some shelf liner to size and place it under the seat, this always does the trick. If you dont have any, I would just contact the company and see what they would recommend. We have two bubblebums and they are AMAZING! They will be perfect for your vacation! Enjoy! :)

Shelf liner is no longer recommended because it might make a bad installation seem good when it isn't. (Not to mention it traps food and can melt into leather seats.) However, in the case of a BubbleBum being slippery on leather, it might make sense, although I'd check with the manufacturer.

jewels2b

She weighs 60.2 lbs today, so the incognito would fit well?? If so, I'll check that out. She rides with a hbb for everyday but there are times when I need to put a smaller kid in that and then she could use the Incognito.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC