Hooded towels for preschoolers?

Persimmon

DS (4.5) has been hanging onto his hooded towels he used as an infant. They just aren't big enough. I found these. Does anyone know of any good ones that aren't $40?

ETA: I just found this one on sale for $18. I will get it but am still looking for more.

ADS

krasota

Boden has some hooded terry cover-ups, but they're also expensive. I'm waiting for end-of-season clearance to go down a bit lower.

If you sew at all, a hooded towel is pretty simple to make.

We have the shark one from Carter's, I think. It belonged to DS when he was a bit smaller. DD is swamped in it, but loves it.

jordansmom

We have the Jumping Beans brand ones. I got them at Kohls last year on Black Friday for ridiculously cheap. They fit my nearly 3 yr old and five year old. I see them on amazon as well. Not as soft as lands end towels but my kids don't seem to care.

msg221

I also have the Jumping Beans towels. Some I have had since the oldest kids were about a year old and they are still holding up. The kids at age 6 still use them and they still "fit" them! I also bought a few more last year during Black Friday when they were dirt cheap at $7.99! They are on sale for $14.99 right now and there is a 15% off coupon too. http://www.kohls.com/catalog/naviga...umping+beans+towels&submit-search=web-regular

Persimmon

Boden has some hooded terry cover-ups, but they're also expensive. I'm waiting for end-of-season clearance to go down a bit lower.

If you sew at all, a hooded towel is pretty simple to make.

We have the shark one from Carter's, I think. It belonged to DS when he was a bit smaller. DD is swamped in it, but loves it.

Those Boden ones are cute. I want one of the infant designs :eek: Thanks for the reminder about Carter's. I will be right by there today and will check them out.

I also have the Jumping Beans towels. Some I have had since the oldest kids were about a year old and they are still holding up. The kids at age 6 still use them and they still "fit" them! I also bought a few more last year during Black Friday when they were dirt cheap at $7.99! They are on sale for $14.99 right now and there is a 15% off coupon too. http://www.kohls.com/catalog/naviga...umping+beans+towels&submit-search=web-regular

Will snatch some up on Black Friday for gifts! Thanks for the link. I want the moster one but DS just ran from the room screaming when I showed it to him. DH scared him by reading a picture book about the Polyphemus story at bedtime. :mad: He is going to love the dinosaur one though.

lgenne

There's an etsy shop that sells awesome hooded towels called Yikes Twins. They...aren't cheaper than what you're finding unless they have them on clearance.

munchkin

If you have a meijers close I saw a bunch there last time I was there. I think around $12. Mostly character ones like Thomas, cars, princess, etc.

BananaBoat

IKEA has them! My 6 year old has used hers daily for 3 or 4 years now. I can't find them on the website, but was there less than 2 weeks ago & they had them in store.

jjordan

We have the Jumping Beans brand ones. I got them at Kohls last year on Black Friday for ridiculously cheap. They fit my nearly 3 yr old and five year old. I see them on amazon as well. Not as soft as lands end towels but my kids don't seem to care.

I was going to suggest these as well. They were crazy inexpensive on Black Friday! We got them for a bunch of nieces and nephews.

tesslouise

IKEA has them! My 6 year old has used hers daily for 3 or 4 years now. I can't find them on the website, but was there less than 2 weeks ago & they had them in store.

That's what we use. I don't know what they carry now but we have three red-edge ones that have been in use for five years straight and two beige-edge ones we've had for two years. And I'll buy the new ones I saw (blue with a bear on them) when we have a third baby.

Persimmon

An excuse to go to IKEA! It is about 1 1/2 hours away but I need some more bookshelves anyway.

Thanks for the links. I loaned out my machine to a friend. Maybe I can convince her to sew some animal ones for DS. :cool:

sm1982

I've seen them at Target. And this time of the year, I usually find ones on clearance at Pottery Barn Kids (their beach wraps) for around $12-15.

msg221

Will snatch some up on Black Friday for gifts! Thanks for the link. I want the moster one but DS just ran from the room screaming when I showed it to him. DH scared him by reading a picture book about the Polyphemus story at bedtime. :mad: He is going to love the dinosaur one though.

I just took a look at those towels and see that they have a much bigger selection than when I first bought them. Ethan & Chase love them so I bought some for them last year but Chase would LOVE the pirate one (he is a big Jake fan) so I might have to add that to my list.

Persimmon

I just took a look at those towels and see that they have a much bigger selection than when I first bought them. Ethan & Chase love them so I bought some for them last year but Chase would LOVE the pirate one (he is a big Jake fan) so I might have to add that to my list.

What have you done?! ;) I have never been a Kohl's shopper and convinced DH to get a Kohl's card when my shopped cart hit over $100. I have always been curious about all this Kohl's cash stuff so now need to figure out all the tricks. I am such a terrible bargain shopper.

dalmom

Pottery Barn kids had a bunch of their beach hooded towels on sale recently. We've picked up several to use as bath towels since they are cute and big enough to fit a 97% in height 4 yr old.

2BunniesMommy

I have seen character ones at K-mart for around $10 pretty often. My kids each have one that their aunt got them for Christmas from a local thing called Santa's Art Shop where people sell things they have made. They were made from a washcloth and a towel and work great and look like they would be pretty easy to make for anyone that has more sewing ability than me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC