Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Hooded towels for preschoolers?

DS (4.5) has been hanging onto his hooded towels he used as an infant. They just aren't big enough. I found these. Does anyone know of any good ones that aren't $40?

ETA: I just found this one on sale for $18. I will get it but am still looking for more.
    DS1&2: Driving, DS3: 5 Stepping, DS4: 12/09 Parkway SGL

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member krasota's Avatar

Re: Hooded towels for preschoolers?

Boden has some hooded terry cover-ups, but they're also expensive. I'm waiting for end-of-season clearance to go down a bit lower.

If you sew at all, a hooded towel is pretty simple to make.

We have the shark one from Carter's, I think. It belonged to DS when he was a bit smaller. DD is swamped in it, but loves it.
    Ronan (04/07) five steps!
    Aenea (03/12) FF RXT

4. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy
    We have the Jumping Beans brand ones. I got them at Kohls last year on Black Friday for ridiculously cheap. They fit my nearly 3 yr old and five year old. I see them on amazon as well. Not as soft as lands end towels but my kids don't seem to care.

6. Thank You from:

I also have the Jumping Beans towels. Some I have had since the oldest kids were about a year old and they are still holding up. The kids at age 6 still use them and they still "fit" them! I also bought a few more last year during Black Friday when they were dirt cheap at $7.99! They are on sale for $14.99 right now and there is a 15% off coupon too. http://www.kohls.com/catalog/navigat...ch=web-regular

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

8. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by krasota View Post
    Boden has some hooded terry cover-ups, but they're also expensive. I'm waiting for end-of-season clearance to go down a bit lower.

If you sew at all, a hooded towel is pretty simple to make.

We have the shark one from Carter's, I think. It belonged to DS when he was a bit smaller. DD is swamped in it, but loves it.
    Those Boden ones are cute. I want one of the infant designs Thanks for the reminder about Carter's. I will be right by there today and will check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by msg221 View Post
    I also have the Jumping Beans towels. Some I have had since the oldest kids were about a year old and they are still holding up. The kids at age 6 still use them and they still "fit" them! I also bought a few more last year during Black Friday when they were dirt cheap at $7.99! They are on sale for $14.99 right now and there is a 15% off coupon too. http://www.kohls.com/catalog/navigat...ch=web-regular
    Will snatch some up on Black Friday for gifts! Thanks for the link. I want the moster one but DS just ran from the room screaming when I showed it to him. DH scared him by reading a picture book about the Polyphemus story at bedtime. He is going to love the dinosaur one though.

CPS Fanatic
    There's an etsy shop that sells awesome hooded towels called Yikes Twins. They...aren't cheaper than what you're finding unless they have them on clearance.

If you have a meijers close I saw a bunch there last time I was there. I think around $12. Mostly character ones like Thomas, cars, princess, etc.
    Katie ~ expired CPST & aunt to
    M 12.5 years & E 9.5 years & A 5.5 years & J 2.5 years & L 11 months

Senior Community Member SuzaBanana's Avatar

IKEA has them! My 6 year old has used hers daily for 3 or 4 years now. I can't find them on the website, but was there less than 2 weeks ago & they had them in store.
    integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching

Moderator - CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by jordansmom View Post
    We have the Jumping Beans brand ones. I got them at Kohls last year on Black Friday for ridiculously cheap. They fit my nearly 3 yr old and five year old. I see them on amazon as well. Not as soft as lands end towels but my kids don't seem to care.
    I was going to suggest these as well. They were crazy inexpensive on Black Friday! We got them for a bunch of nieces and nephews.
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzaBanana View Post
    IKEA has them! My 6 year old has used hers daily for 3 or 4 years now. I can't find them on the website, but was there less than 2 weeks ago & they had them in store.
    That's what we use. I don't know what they carry now but we have three red-edge ones that have been in use for five years straight and two beige-edge ones we've had for two years. And I'll buy the new ones I saw (blue with a bear on them) when we have a third baby.
    Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; mama to Rowan, 8/6/09, FFing in a Britax Pinnacle 90 and a Graco Nautilus; Sapphira, 8/17/12, FFing in a Chicco NextFit; Iris, 6/14/15, RFing in a Chicco KeyFit 30

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Quote Originally Posted by SuzaBanana View Post
    An excuse to go to IKEA! It is about 1 1/2 hours away but I need some more bookshelves anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot201 View Post
    Thanks for the links. I loaned out my machine to a friend. Maybe I can convince her to sew some animal ones for DS.

I've seen them at Target. And this time of the year, I usually find ones on clearance at Pottery Barn Kids (their beach wraps) for around $12-15.

Quote Originally Posted by Persimmon View Post

Will snatch some up on Black Friday for gifts! Thanks for the link. I want the moster one but DS just ran from the room screaming when I showed it to him. DH scared him by reading a picture book about the Polyphemus story at bedtime. He is going to love the dinosaur one though.
    I just took a look at those towels and see that they have a much bigger selection than when I first bought them. Ethan & Chase love them so I bought some for them last year but Chase would LOVE the pirate one (he is a big Jake fan) so I might have to add that to my list.

Marsha, Godmother to Nour & Zain (8) and grandparent (aka "Nanny Marsha") to Ethan (8), Katelyn & Owen (7), and Chase, (6)

We have the target ones. My 4yr old got batman. He was thrilled.
    And my 2 yr old got minnie.
    Kelley- mom of seven!

Quote Originally Posted by msg221 View Post
    I just took a look at those towels and see that they have a much bigger selection than when I first bought them. Ethan & Chase love them so I bought some for them last year but Chase would LOVE the pirate one (he is a big Jake fan) so I might have to add that to my list.
    What have you done?! I have never been a Kohl's shopper and convinced DH to get a Kohl's card when my shopped cart hit over $100. I have always been curious about all this Kohl's cash stuff so now need to figure out all the tricks. I am such a terrible bargain shopper.

Pottery Barn kids had a bunch of their beach hooded towels on sale recently. We've picked up several to use as bath towels since they are cute and big enough to fit a 97% in height 4 yr old.

Senior Community Member 2BunniesMommy's Avatar

I have seen character ones at K-mart for around $10 pretty often. My kids each have one that their aunt got them for Christmas from a local thing called Santa's Art Shop where people sell things they have made. They were made from a washcloth and a towel and work great and look like they would be pretty easy to make for anyone that has more sewing ability than me.