Where to buy? Snugride Click Connect 35 Amelia

Olive

This is the one I am interested in: http://www.gracobaby.com/products/pages/snugride-click-connect-35-infant-car-seat-amelia.aspx

Besides buying directly from Graco are there any options? I have seen other SnugRides online, but am having trouble finding this exact version. This version has a little cover for the feet and is a pinkish shade I like. I didn't see the foot cover on any of the other models I looked at (I could get a different color). I was wondering if anyone else sold it because the Graco price seems rather high to me. Even with the $25 rebate I don't want to spend that much.

Btw, I don't have any accessories to go with it (Click Connect stroller) so the Click Connect feature is probably moot.

Also, if anyone happens to know how well this would fit side by side against a Graco 3-in-1 Nautilis that would be great. I need to do some measurements but have not done so yet. We have a 2010 Saturn if that helps.

Thanks!

ADS

Olive

Update, I just found a similar model online called Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35 Infant Car Seat - Grapeade.

It is cheaper! And it's cute, too.

The cheapest price I could find was on a site that is sold out, but apparently it's sold at Babies R Us so that may work.

Of course if anyone has any feedback on fitting in the car when up against another carseat please let me know.

Olive

Oops sorry it's a Saturn Vue. I just remember looking at the seats one time and thinking that the holes where the seatbelts go would not allow for side by side carseats because the buckle for the middle seat would end up under the carseat in the middle seat? I'll have to look again to see. I'm just trying to figure out what the heck to do since dh is really tall and I don't know if I can put either carseat behind the driver side. We only have one vehicle.

aporthole

Would you be open to replacing the Nautilus with a more low profile seat? The Harmony Defender is around $115 if you call and order directly from Harmony. It is similar to the Nautilus much MUCH slimmer and sits much lower to the vehicle seat. It would give you a very good shot at installing side by side with the infant seat and/or better fit with more leg room if installed behind hubby's seat.

Olive

I told my husband that we might have to consider replacing my son's carseat in order to make the configuration work but I really don't want to have to do that. It would probably be the last resort. And I would really not want to go through all that only to find out they still don't fit lol. The car is not here right now but tomorrow I will measure distance between backseat and back of husband's seat position to see if there's room for any size carseat at all there.

Olive

Ok we checked the car and there is room for my son's legs (not a lot but some) if we put his carseat behind my husband's seat. I guess my only question now is how much room is required between their legs and the back of the seat? His knees are not touching the seat and he said he's comfortable. I was just thinking as far as safety regulations is there a rule/suggestion for number of inches between legs and seat?

aporthole

There is no official recommendation or guideline on leg clearance that I am aware of.

Leg injuries are common in forward facing kids so logic would tell us that limited leg room would put the child at increased risk for leg, arm, and head injury. Even in a properly installed and top tetheted harnessed seat the child's head will still move forward quite some distance. It becomes a parental judgment call to determine whether you are comfortable with the lack of space or whether you would choose to purchase a more low profile seat.

A helpful tip is for hubby to make sure his seat is fairly upright and not too reclined. It is safer for him and will provide more space where the child's head movement would be.

Olive

thanks!

I looked at it again yesterday and there was more room than I had originally thought. My son had no trouble getting in and out of his chair. And since ds is still wearing the 5 point harness his head is no where near the back of the reclined seat even if he flopped forward. But I will keep the head and body movement in mind.

Contacted Graco and the Grapeade seat is discontinued. The Amelia one is kind of hard to obtain, too. Apparently it's an "exclusive" item. There was one on buybuybaby.com but it's the same price as the gracobaby site. I do like that the material looks softer... maybe that's part of the price difference. Both items have reviews saying that the fabric causes their baby to sweat so I don't think there's any winning lol. Mainly I liked it because it went up to 35lbs and also has a boot. Decisions, decisions.

Olive

Thanks, but I went to their site today and another day and they just didn't remove the item. When I visited the link they have an X and "out of stock" under the price.

I did think about getting the red but a reviewer said the stitching lines on the red part left lines on their baby's face. Hopefully you don't have that problem.

It took a while but I did find the Amelia seat at Bed, Bath & Beyond. I get 20% off coupons monthly from them so my plan at this point is to order that carseat before Oct. 31 using the coupon code and then doing the Graco mail-in rebate. I don't know why Bed, Bath & Beyond was not listed as a retailer on the Gracobaby website. Would have saved me some work in my searches.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC