Question Nextfit or Radian?

mairep

We are replacing our two Radian RXTs after a minor accident, and I am trying to decide if I want to replace them with Nextfits or just buy the same Radians again. We have been very happy with the Radians, but since we are getting new seats, I'd like to explore our options.

The seat stats Nextfit/Radian:
RF Weight: 40lbs/45lbs
RF Height 50"/44"
(at least 1" below top of headrest)/(with 1.5" of shell above head)
FF Weight: 65lbs/80lbs
FF Height 50"/57"
(ears below top of headrest, shoulders at or below top harness slot)/(top of the ears are below the shell)

The kids' stats:
DD: 15 months old, 23.5lbs, 30.25"
DS: 4 years old, 30lbs, 38.75"

The car:
2013 Toyota Sienna
We currently have the two car seats in the middle row captain's chairs

I would like to keep both of them RF for as long as possible. Seriously. I don't care if they're 8 years old - if they meet the seat's RF criteria, they will RF!

So, I'm trying to figure out if I should get the Nextfit for the higher RF height limit or the Radian for it's higher RF weight limits. Or, is there another seat that I should be considering?

TIA!

ADS

lpperry

Both of those seats should allow you to rf to a more than acceptable age. Either would be a great choice for extended rearfacing. I think it just comes down to which seat you like prefer.

lgenne

There's also the question of "Are your kids tall, skinny, and long waisted; or are they short waisted and on the heavier side?"

My oldest is large and long waisted. I actually think he probably would have outgrown both before his 3rd birthday. The Nextfit by weight, the Radian by height.

mairep

There's also the question of "Are your kids tall, skinny, and long waisted; or are they short waisted and on the heavier side?" My oldest is large and long waisted. I actually think he probably would have outgrown both before his 3rd birthday. The Nextfit by weight, the Radian by height.

My son is definitely tall and skinny. He's usually around the 10th %ile for weight and around the 25th %ile for height.
My daughter, I'm just not sure about, lol! She started off a very chunky baby, 95th %ile for weight, but her height %iles have varied from 30th to 85th. Her first year of growth has been kind of all over the place, but she seems to have leveled off now. She has a check-up tomorrow, so I'll see where she is then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC