Car seat goodness today!

Brianna

I invited my pregnant cousin over for a car seat play date today- she already knows she wants to RF as long as possible so I just had to point her in the right direction. She had her friend's twins car seat bases in her car so I checked those- the latch hooks were connected to bars behind the seat that were not latch anchors :eek: with the seat belt also threaded through but not locked. Her car is pre-latch so I showed her what real latch anchors in my car look like and helped her install the bases correctly with a seat belt. I showed her The Car Seat Lady's video about buckling babies correctly and talked about when car seats are outgrown so hopefully her friend will get her babies into correctly used and installed seats :)

I showed her my seats and then we headed to Walmart (only store that sells car seats in town) but all the seats are zip tied to the shelf and we couldn't do much with them. We ran into a mom there looking for a FF car seat- her daughter appeared to be about a year old- I couldn't help myself and pointed her to the convertibles and she seemed pretty excited that she could keep her baby RF and that it was safer :) Then we headed out of town to BRU so my cousin could actually play with seats hands on, she is mostly interested in a KeyFit or SnugRide and then possibly a Graco 4Ever after that. It was a great day to have 2 receptive moms and 1 mom-to-be!

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC