Convertible Carseat for 2006 subaru outback

U

Unregistered

Hello,

I'm in search of a good option for a convertible carseat for my 10 month old. Our 06 outback does not have great space in the back and I'm concerned about the fit and how much our seats will have to move forward.

I've read about the Combi Corroco but it's not ideal since we'd have to eventually get another carseat after the 40 lb limit.

Thanks for any suggestions!

ADS

daniele_ut

We have a 2005 Outback, which is the same body style. I use a rear facing Chicco NextFit for my 2.5 year old. It's actually fairly compact from front to back so the passenger still has enough room.

jillianrose

I'm looking also for a convertible seat that can be used rear facing in a small Subaru. I am not considering the Chicco NextFit because of two reasons - 1. it does not have side impact protection (as far as I can see), and 2. it can not be tethered in the rear facing position.

Are there any other seats that may work?

nataliem257

I'm looking also for a convertible seat that can be used rear facing in a small Subaru. I am not considering the Chicco NextFit because of two reasons - 1. it does not have side impact protection (as far as I can see), and 2. it can not be tethered in the rear facing position.

Are there any other seats that may work?

I think the Chicco offers some of the best side impact protection of any convertible, the sides are very very deep? Also, if I am remembering correctly, even though it can't be tethered RF I think I read somewhere that it passed the Canadian rebound standard without it.

jillianrose

Really? That is reassuring. When I looked at the Chicco Nextfit on amazon there was no mention of side impact protection. Is it just a given? I do love the seat from what I've seen but those two issues were giving me pause. I am not aware of the canadian rebound standard. Do you have a link I could look at? Thanks!

aporthole

There are big stickers on the side of my NextFit's headwings that say "side impacted tested". Keep in mind there are not currently any standards in the US for side impact testing (it is coming in the next couple years but no standard yet). The NextFit is basically a space capsule with deep side wings the length of the seat and giant EPS foam lined headwings. As far as not being RF tether compatible, I have no concerns whatsoever. The NextFit has a large high front to it that butts flush with the vehicle seat back. I can't imagine rebound would be an issue with the NextFit. We also have nothing that says there is anything wrong with some rebound either. It is a very solid, well built seat. My only complaint is that the buckles always get stuck under my daughter and digging them out from behind her is a pain compared to our Britax Boulevard. Luckily the NextFit Zip supposedly solves this issue with buckle pads and pockets that help keep the buckles to the sides when loading.

U

Unregistered

I have a question: Is it easy to load and unload a child in the Nextfit in a Subaru? Do the high sides get in the way? Thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC