Anyone ever successfully buy the RN longer crotch strap?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I was all depressed about dreamtime scamming me out of my Signo, so I eased the pain by ordering RN 65 parts...the dry seat pad thing, the carry strap, the buckle tongs... and the longer crotch strap and a buggy bag (for a stroller, whatever it's called...)...well, I got an email that they are canceling the crotch strap and stroller bag... :confused: I kind of had my heart set on that longer crotch strap... I guess I'll have to call them and find out why they don't want my money for it... :p

ADS

ccjones

No, but I was thinking about ordering three of them. But I was waiting for someone on here to buy one and measure the difference in size between the two crotch straps, and post it on here. I want to see if it's even worth the money to buy the longer straps. :p

I do have the Dry Seats, the wider buckle tongues, two carry straps, and one carry bag! lol The Dry Seats was great at the beach, I was able to put DS in the Radian for the quick drive back to the condo in his damp swim trunks. I also used it when I had to drive him to the ILs when he had a bad case of diarrhea; I was scared of a diaper blowout in the seat! lol

Wider buckle tongues make a big difference, IMHO, when it comes to sliding along the harness straps. I can buckle DS in more quickly because the wider buckle tongues slide along the harness more easily now. I haven't yet used the carry bag, but the carry strap is pretty convenient and comfortable; it's got a decent amount of padding for the shoulder.

Please keep us posted on why that part of your order was canceled!

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Was that through the skjp website? I ordered dry seats from them and got them and was going to order the longer crotch straps. Do you know why they cancelled? Are they not going to sell them? Note, I was just on the skjp website and on their online store and it says that the longer center crotch strap is available. When did you order?

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
A couple days ago...yeah, it went into the cart easily...then I got an email it would ship separately, then I got an email it wasn't coming, and I oughta call them if I'm concerned...

vamom

I called them when I first got my seat in June and they said they would ship out the longer crotch strap right away. I did not even know that it was available, but I am still waiting.... I am glad that the radian is only our spare seat , otherwise buckling that crotch starp would drive me batty.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Now they've put it on the website again, with a picture and everything... I'm really peeved, because I ordered everything at one time to save on shipping...I'm going to call them this morning and complain :thumbsdown:

ccjones

Now they've put it on the website again, with a picture and everything... I'm really peeved, because I ordered everything at one time to save on shipping...I'm going to call them this morning and complain :thumbsdown:

Was it ever taken off the website? I saw it on the website Saturday morning (and it said available), but I haven't checked since. If they're available, then I may order three. I wonder if it's better to order online or call to place order?

Please give us the scoop after you call!

ETA: I just ordered three crotch straps and a gray Comfy-Soft from their website. We'll see if I can get any emails concerning the crotch straps.

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, when I ordered it, there was no picture on the website, just a button to order it...sorry, I should have been more explicit! Ok, now I'm going to call them...think they are at work at 830 monday am?
ETA: Yup, they are answering the phone early... seems the cancelation notice I got was a mistake, I AM getting my crotch buckle...wheee!

ccjones

Oh, sweet! Glad to hear the order wasn't canceled after all. I wonder what triggered the cancellation email to be generated in the first place?

Are you going to start using your longer crotch strap right away, or wait 'til Leah is older/bigger? I am undecided. Depending on how much longer the new crotch strap is, it might give too much slack in the harness. This is because sometimes the SafeStop gets jammed up under the seat which makes it impossible to tighten the harness. Ah, the joys of having the older RN seat-mold w/out the deeper harness channel! lol

I have one of those black sleeves to put over the SafeStop to make it slide more easily, I just haven't put it on the SafeStop yet. I'll probably cover the SafeStop and put in the new crotch strap and see how adjusting the harness fares.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I ordered three longer crotch straps after my first post to this thread. I thought Ok, we'll see if they cancel it. We have three Radians. The only email I got was when I placed the order. I hope mine come. I probably will only use the one right now for Lyndsey who is 9 yrs and wait to put the other two on later when Karley is bigger. She seems to fit fine with the strap on it. She uses the Radian in hubby's jeep for her primary seat and the other as a back up in my vehicle. I can't wait for them to come!!! :)

ccjones

Now I want one! How much are they and how much is shipping?

Here's the link at all the accessories: http://www.skjp.com/products/skjp_radian_80.php?show=Acc&#tabs

I think they are $5.95 each and shipping was about $5 as well.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY said:
I probably will only use the one right now for Lyndsey who is 9 yrs and wait to put the other two on later when Karley is bigger. She seems to fit fine with the strap on it.

Yeah, I think the original crotch strap fits my son just fine right now. My concern was with the wider buckle tongues digging into his legs, but that isn't happening yet. That will probably be the determining factor as to when I swap out the crotch strap. But, I figured I better order the crotch straps while they're being offered for sale, and just put them away until I need them.

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I wonder what triggered the cancellation email to be generated in the first place?

Are you going to start using your longer crotch strap right away, or wait 'til Leah is older/bigger? I am undecided. Depending on how much longer the new crotch strap is, it might give too much slack in the harness. This is because sometimes the SafeStop gets jammed up under the seat which makes it impossible to tighten the harness. Ah, the joys of having the older RN seat-mold w/out the deeper harness channel! lol

I have one of those black sleeves to put over the SafeStop to make it slide more easily, I just haven't put it on the SafeStop yet. I'll probably cover the SafeStop and put in the new crotch strap and see how adjusting the harness fares.

Gosh, so much to think about! I figured I'd just stick it on immediately...hadn't really pondered it, lol. Yeah, it might depend on how the harness is tightening (we have the old seat too, no channel)... At least I don't have to worry about the safestop for quite awhile (I just wanted to order everything in one fell swoop)...she might not be 33 pounds for another 3 years :p

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Here's the link at all the accessories: http://www.skjp.com/products/skjp_radian_80.php?show=Acc&#tabs

Yeah, I think the original crotch strap fits my son just fine right now. My concern was with the wider buckle tongues digging into his legs, but that isn't happening yet. That will probably be the determining factor as to when I swap out the crotch strap. But, I figured I better order the crotch straps while they're being offered for sale, and just put them away until I need them.

I got three sets of wider buckle tongs from Russ when you could get them for free. I immediately put those on the three Radians I have. I havn't had my daughter complain that they they cut into her legs though. I just didn't want any sort of fraying to even start on the straps especially since you can't take the straps off and replace them. (That was a dumb move when making this seat.) :thumbsdown:

ccjones

I got three sets of wider buckle tongs from Russ when you could get them for free. I immediately put those on the three Radians I have. I havn't had my daughter complain that they they cut into her legs though. I just didn't want any sort of fraying to even start on the straps especially since you can't take the straps off and replace them. (That was a dumb move when making this seat.) :thumbsdown:

I got three sets of buckle tongues while they were free, too. No fraying on my straps either, but boy, do they make it much easier to buckle DS into his seat, they slide along the harness so smoothly! lol

I figure between the Britax chest clip, the wider buckle tongues, and the longer crotch strap, I will finally have a near-perfect Radian! :love: lol

Are either of you ladies going to put Britax clips on your Radians?

Holly

I'm going to get the Britax clip and the wide buckle tongues too, and probably the longer crotch strap to use later on. I'm going to get a 2nd Radian sometime next year, so would it be a good idea to get 2 sets of the clips, straps, and tongues now?

tjham

Thanks! It's funny, the shipping stayed at $5 no matter how much "quantity" I entered! I quit at 7. At least their base $5 for shipping is better than Britax's ridiculous $8!

I lucked out and got the free bigger "tongs" awhile ago. (I politely asked why they called them "tongs" instead of the correct "tongues" but got no response. heehee :eek: )

Now if they would just add the IMMI (Britax style) chest clips to their ordering site (or to the seat itself), it would be possible to assemble the (almost) perfect seat!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Are either of you ladies going to put Britax clips on your Radians?

Yeah, probably...:whistle: Leah's being very needy today, but I'm planning to just put several chest clips on a harness to show the distances between them (*fun* for a carseat geek, lol)...and then probably leave the Britax one on...

:)

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

I'm not going to replace my chest clip with the Britax because noone has complained yet. Knock on wood, hopefully noone will complain. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC