High-back booster recommendation needed

kimberley-k

Hi,

Our Britax Frontier was in an accident and I need to replace it with a new high-back booster in my Prius. My son is 6 years old, weighs 54 pounds and is 50 inches tall.

Here is my wish list:

* narrow (no cup holders that stick out preventing someone from sitting next to him in the middle seat)
* has LATCH (I'm way too lazy to keep the seat buckled when my son isn't with me).
* price under $150
* converts to backless booster for when we travel (would be nice, but not a huge deal since I could purchase a separate backless booster for $25)

Thanks in advance!

-Kim

ADS

kater-tot82

The Britax Parkway SGL might meet your criteria (it has cup holders but they push in) [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D04R2JK?pc_redir=1407265385&robot_redir=1"]Britax Parkway SGL Belt-Positioning Booster Seat, Phantom:Amazon:Baby[/ame]

Graco Affix booster [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AHVR7ZI?pc_redir=1407179117&robot_redir=1"]Graco Affix Highback Booster Seat with Latch System, Atomic:Amazon:Baby[/ame]

The parkway adjusts taller.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I was also going to suggest the Parkway SGL. :) The cupholders are not in the way, at all. I have a regular Parkway SG (not LATCH) and love it. It is easy to use, fits a wide variety of kids, and is comfortable for all the kids who have used it so far.

kater-tot82

The recaro performance booster is another one you could look at. I think it is more narrow at the back than the front but a lot of people who have them really like them. (Not sure it goes backless though--however a lot of them will be heavier, even as a backless booster, so picking up a cheaper/lighter backless booster for travel may be the better idea)
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E6URAP8?pc_redir=1407268616&robot_redir=1"]RECARO Performance BOOSTER High Back Booster Car Seat, Rose:Amazon:Baby[/ame]

Last edited:

DawgDad

The recaro performance booster is another one you could look at. I think it is more narrow at the back than the front but a lot of people who have them really like them. (Not sure it goes backless though--however a lot of them will be heavier, even as a backless booster, so picking up a cheaper/lighter backless booster for travel may be the bear idea)

RECARO Performance BOOSTER High Back Booster Car Seat, Rose:Amazon:Baby

:yeahthatlove: Great seat that replaces one of the best HBB in the Vivo. Still a solid seat, but the better HBBs do not convert to a backless. While it has cupholders, they don't stick out. I wouldn't even worry about a backless unless the child has a long torso for a long time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC