Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

High-back booster recommendation needed

Hi,

Our Britax Frontier was in an accident and I need to replace it with a new high-back booster in my Prius. My son is 6 years old, weighs 54 pounds and is 50 inches tall.

Here is my wish list:

* narrow (no cup holders that stick out preventing someone from sitting next to him in the middle seat)
    * has LATCH (I'm way too lazy to keep the seat buckled when my son isn't with me).
    * price under $150
    * converts to backless booster for when we travel (would be nice, but not a huge deal since I could purchase a separate backless booster for $25)

Thanks in advance!

-Kim

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy
    The Britax Parkway SGL might meet your criteria (it has cup holders but they push in) [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D04R2JK?pc_redir=1407265385&robot_redir=1"]Britax Parkway SGL Belt-Positioning Booster Seat, Phantom:Amazon:Baby[/ame]

Graco Affix booster [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AHVR7ZI?pc_redir=1407179117&robot_redir=1"]Graco Affix Highback Booster Seat with Latch System, Atomic:Amazon:Baby[/ame]

The parkway adjusts taller.
    Katy
    Full-time stepmom to DD1, 11, Incognito/5-stepping
    Mama to DD2, 5, True Fit, Complete Air, booster training
    DD3, 2.5, RA50, MyRide

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Re: High-back booster recommendation needed

I was also going to suggest the Parkway SGL. The cupholders are not in the way, at all. I have a regular Parkway SG (not LATCH) and love it. It is easy to use, fits a wide variety of kids, and is comfortable for all the kids who have used it so far.

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Carseat Crazy
    The recaro performance booster is another one you could look at. I think it is more narrow at the back than the front but a lot of people who have them really like them. (Not sure it goes backless though--however a lot of them will be heavier, even as a backless booster, so picking up a cheaper/lighter backless booster for travel may be the better idea)
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E6URAP8?pc_redir=1407268616&robot_redir=1"]RECARO Performance BOOSTER High Back Booster Car Seat, Rose:Amazon:Baby[/ame]
    Last edited by kater-tot82; 08-07-2014 at 08:34 AM.
    Katy
    Full-time stepmom to DD1, 11, Incognito/5-stepping
    Mama to DD2, 5, True Fit, Complete Air, booster training
    DD3, 2.5, RA50, MyRide

Re: High-back booster recommendation needed

Quote Originally Posted by kater-tot82 View Post
    The recaro performance booster is another one you could look at. I think it is more narrow at the back than the front but a lot of people who have them really like them. (Not sure it goes backless though--however a lot of them will be heavier, even as a backless booster, so picking up a cheaper/lighter backless booster for travel may be the bear idea)

RECARO Performance BOOSTER High Back Booster Car Seat, Rose:Amazon:Baby
    Great seat that replaces one of the best HBB in the Vivo. Still a solid seat, but the better HBBs do not convert to a backless. While it has cupholders, they don't stick out. I wouldn't even worry about a backless unless the child has a long torso for a long time.