Sureride Buckle Sticking?

ngs215

We have a Sureride that has been our spare/travel seat. I just started using it as a primary seat, and the buckle is annoying me. I press down on the button and the right side pops open, but it have to jiggle and use 2 hands to get the left side open. Is there a learning curve to these buckles? Or should I try to contact Evenflo for a replacement? I know with our first seat (SR30), we had trouble for the first month or so until we learned just where to press down on the button, so I am wondering if this is similar? This is the new buckle after the recall.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Moving this to the Carseat Chat forum for more visibility. Can you take a photo of your replacement buckle? There is more than one supplier for replacements so it would be some additional information that may help identify it if someone else has a similar issue.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I can try taking a photo. I haven't tried on this site before. It has a red half circle button.

Small photos can be uploaded. Larger ones need to be hosted on a service like photobucket or flickr and then you can use the little postcard symbol to insert the link then the image will appear in your post. Or just a link works too.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Both buckles tongues should eject when you press the red release button. First try rinsing the buckle. Remove the crotch strap, hold the buckle upside down and swish it around in a glass of plain warm water - no soap - and press the button a few times when it's under water. Then let it dry thoroughly before you put it back on the seat. That should hopefully solve the issue. But if it doesn't, then call Evenflo. Good luck!

cottonpenny

I have this problem with my Sureride too! It's my spare/travel/grandparent seat and it definitely hasn't endeared the grandparents that these newfangled child restraints are easy to use :mad:

Mine is pretty new, don't have the DOM handy but I purchased it this May. My buckle looks like this one: http://csftl.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Triumph-Fiona-Collage.jpg The seat is hardly used and never eaten in, so it's definitely not that anything has been spilled in it.

I also hate the continuous harness and the super twisty straps in this seat. And my 3 yo DS complained constantly while in the seat about the crotch buckle hurting him (he's never once complained about his Boulevard, Roundabout, or Ranier, so I don't think it was behavioral).

I bought it from Costco so I'm about to return it and buy something else for the grandparents - Frontier 90 or Graco 4ever or Chicco Nextfit probably.

ngs215

Just to update, I did call evenflo. They said they have not heard of any problems with the new buckles. It was the half circle one linked above. They sent me a new one and had me send the old one back for them to look at.

henrietta

Just to update, I did call evenflo. They said they have not heard of any problems with the new buckles. It was the half circle one linked above. They sent me a new one and had me send the old one back for them to look at.

They've been very nice like that to us before, too. :) Good customer service most of the time, I've heard.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC