Consumer Reports convertible ratings

Hazelandlucy

I was just reading that CS has hired a new car safety tech and the crash tests are quite good so I looked up the convertible ratings. Every seat gets a "very good" crash test rating except one with just plain good (Recaro something) and the Cosco Scenera that gets an excellent rating.

Are these crash tests now considered reliable? Are they using a RF or FF kid?

ADS

DawgDad

I wouldn't be surprised if the ProRide Recaro gets a redesign for next year to improve it's marketed metrics to compete with Britax here in the US.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I was just reading that CS has hired a new car safety tech and the crash tests are quite good so I looked up the convertible ratings. Every seat gets a "very good" crash test rating except one with just plain good (Recaro something) and the Cosco Scenera that gets an excellent rating.

Are these crash tests now considered reliable? Are they using a RF or FF kid?

Consumer Reports revamped their program a few years back. They had more technicians trained, began to attend major conferences and shows and have reached out to various organizations and experts as well.

This set of testing for convertibles is NOT the new testing like they did recently for infant seats. That will come next year.

http://carseatblog.com/28352/consumer-reports-updates-convertible-carseat-ratings-july-2014/

I wouldn't be surprised if the ProRide Recaro gets a redesign for next year to improve it's marketed metrics to compete with Britax here in the US.

Recaro indicated that there will be no major updates for the convertible this fall, but sometimes manufacturers keep things on the down low and don't tell anyone. They are introducing an infant seat soon, though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC