Trucks

ADS

SnoGurl

It's kind of ford or nothing in the fuel mileage category, and it pains me a lot to say that.

The Nissan Titan SV should tow what you want. I believe it also has space under the rear seats, but it's been a while since i've driven one. I love driving the tundra, but the no space under the seats drives me crazy.

We had a GMC Sierra that did a great job towing our ridiculously heavy trailer. However it was finished so cheaply on the inside you couldn't pay me to buy another.

DawgDad

Perhaps this could work in your everyday life. It's not a permanent solution, so it could be removed when you need the full bed for hauling trips. However, this gives you all-weather storage for your stroller and everything else imaginable. Seen this a lot around the South...

http://decked.com/

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Perhaps this could work in your everyday life. It's not a permanent solution, so it could be removed when you need the full bed for hauling trips. However, this gives you all-weather storage for your stroller and everything else imaginable. Seen this a lot around the South... http://decked.com/

I like that! As well, the stroller isn't going to be an issue forever. Right now it doesn't even stay in the vehicle full-time; just gets added to the vehicle when we need it. Probably only need another year or so of occasional stroller use.

DawgDad

I like that! As well, the stroller isn't going to be an issue forever. Right now it doesn't even stay in the vehicle full-time; just gets added to the vehicle when we need it. Probably only need another year or so of occasional stroller use.

Yep! But for groceries, school, vacation trips, etc...this thing is the best invention to maximize your truck into a truly useful piece of equipment. How often do you need the full height of the bed, but rather the length? How often do you need items to be shielded by weather over not needing it? For the majority of truck owners, the answer is a system like this would solve the majority of the time over the few times they need the full bed.

I hope this helps you in your decision.

CMeMeC

I didn't read all the responses...we have a plain old bed cover on ours. Everything stays dry and its easy to use and fold back when we need to haul something large. I regularly have groceries and a stroller in the bed and everything stays clean and dry.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I didn't read all the responses...we have a plain old bed cover on ours. Everything stays dry and its easy to use and fold back when we need to haul something large. I regularly have groceries and a stroller in the bed and everything stays clean and dry.

But doesn't it slide all over? And scratch up my fancy coloured chassis on my Bee? And what if my stroller ends up near the front of the truck and I have to climb into the bed with heels and a skirt to get it? I don't even know that I could pull a stroller out of the bed even if it was right by the tailgate. Once I heave that tailgate down, it's a long reach over that tailgate to lift a stroller and have all the weight hanging at the end of my outstretched arms.

And doesn't your watermelon roll all over the back? We buy a lot of watermelon! Ha ha! That being said, our watermelon would freeze on the way home from the grocery store to the house in our winter temps here. And lettuce would be toast as well as bell peppers and various other veggies. But a truck bed would rock for frozen food. ;)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
If for appearance sake only, Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 with the HEMI V8 in Black Gold, Detonator Yellow or Omaha Orange.

There's also apparently a V6 Ecodiesel for decent fuel economy but it's definitely not as cool. It does tow up to 9600 though.

clmchrissy

One of my friends just got this I'm waiting for him to respond to my questions be he claims it gets better gas milage then the Eco boost. Eta 28.8 he said was his best tank 25-27 is normal for him and he said that it has a smaller head rest in the back middle. it's the Eco diesel. I'm a ford girl my self my FIL has a lovely green f150 with ecoboost that he has not had any issues with. I love his back seat the only thing I don't love is the top tether anchors.

My DH bought a 14 Ram Eco diesel after giving up his beloved Tundra bc of gas mileage. He hasn't dropped below 26 mpg that includes his daily 5 mi commute to work. We took it to San Antonio last month from OKC on one tank (that included a day of driving around the city too!).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC