Convertible seats with load legs

Hazelandlucy

I am in the market for two new convertibles. Because I am super cool and *definitely* not OCD and hypochondriac, I do things like read about carseats in my spare time. Anyway, came across this - sure everyone here knows about it

http://carseatblog.com/26915/the-sa...on-ratings-and-methods-from-consumer-reports/

Apparently the infant seat with the load leg performed the best. I know we don't need Swedish seats over here anymore because we have very safe seats that now have good weight and height limits, but for peace of mind for people like me, would a seat like this http://www.britax-roemer.com/car-seats/overview-car-seats/dualfix (that I could have brought over for free…) be considered even safer since it has the load leg that apparently performs so well in infant seats? It's also been "roll over tested" which I don't think exists out here?

ADS

aporthole

There are quite a few non-US seats with load legs but since the FMVSS test sled lacks a floor they're is no way for the US to officially test and pass seats with load legs. The infant seats that have them (Pipa and Aton2/Q) both passed their testing without them in use.

The problem with the Britax DualFix is the lower 40 lb weight limit. We have quite a few seats available in the US now with rear facing weight limits beyond 40 lbs.

We don't have any quantifiable way to compare the DualFix to our US available seats without load legs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC