Britax Game Changer... What is this about?

ADS

Athena

"I'll make your journeys happier WHEREVER you go." What could that be? Strollers and car seats don't go everywhere ... or am I taking it too literally.

Meg

Maybe a better redesigned baby carrier? That last clue seems to point to that.

Keeanh

It better be good. Like their answer to the 4Ever or something. If it's a new copy of a Baby Jogger stroller, I'm going to be annoyed :p

I'll also be annoyed if they've copied a Tula or something. I love that the good carrier market it almost exclusively WAH moms or small companies owned by moms.

Keeanh

I don't think the baby carrier market is big enough. To use the term "game changer" they must think this will be a BIG DEAL to the mainstream parent. I don't think they'd throw away this kind of build-up on a carrier or even a stroller. They don't have an all-terrain or jogging stroller, so I suppose that's a possibility. But I'm placing my bet on a 4-in-1 car seat.

Meg

I don't think the baby carrier market is big enough. To use the term "game changer" they must think this will be a BIG DEAL to the mainstream parent.
There's at least one popular baby carrier company that actually labels it's carrier as "game changer" on the box, so it's not too much of a stretch! Lol

Keeks64

I don't think the baby carrier market is big enough. To use the term "game changer" they must think this will be a BIG DEAL to the mainstream parent. I don't think they'd throw away this kind of build-up on a carrier or even a stroller. They don't have an all-terrain or jogging stroller, so I suppose that's a possibility. But I'm placing my bet on a 4-in-1 car seat.

No but Britax owns BOB so they kinda do. I don't know that a fancy jogger is really a game changer

Maybe something like that new car seat/stroller all in one combo?

thepote

What have been names and categories Britax has been registering lately?

They let Concourse and Palisade expire in the car seat category.

They registered a logo of a head with arms up in April 2014.

Nothing else for unused trademarks, unless they are registered under something other than Britax.

The only other thing that jumped out at me... They registered "Britax BOB" in 2013 but check out the description:

BRITAX B·O·B

By: BRITAX CHILDCARE HOLDINGS LIMITED

Signalling apparatus; indicating apparatus for indicating temperature, displacement, velocity, force, stroke, rotation/revolution, condition/status, abrasion occupant presence and angular position; sensors for temperature, displacement, in particular displacement of a vehicle seat belt pre-tensioner, velocity, force, stroke, rotation/revolution, condition/status, abrasion, angular position, occupant presence and pressure; tension indicators

Seats for use in or with apparatus for locomotion by land, air or water; safety seats for use in or with apparatus for locomotion by land, air or water; babies and children's safety seats for use in or with apparatus for locomotion by land, air or water; baby and child carrying seats for use in or with apparatus for locomotion by land, air or water; safety belts and harnesses for seats for use in or with apparatus for locomotion by land, air

Baby and infant carriers; umbrellas, umbrella sticks, umbrella handles, umbrella bags, umbrella fittings

Here is the link I used: http://www.trademarkia.com/trademark-by-company-search.aspx?search=britax

rfk

How about a seat that detects when a child is in it, combined with knowing when the vehicle isn't running/moving, and/or interior temp gets too high.

All of which alert parents/drivers by text, email, phone, etc...

Don't know how something that's not a significant innovation re: safety could really be a "game-changer".

Swanky fabric? Really??

nataliem257

It would almost have to be something brand new, a seat that we haven't even thought of yet. Maybe a 4 in 1, maybe something else. Whatever it is has to be pretty big, the didn't even do this when click tight was released.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
How about a seat that detects when a child is in it, combined with knowing when the vehicle isn't running/moving, and/or interior temp gets too high. All of which alert parents/drivers by text, email, phone, etc... Don't know how something that's not a significant innovation re: safety could really be a "game-changer". Swanky fabric? Really??

The First Years already tried that with the IAlert, and IME, it didn't work well. At all.

YinzerMama

I could have sworn I saw a video in my fb feed recently referring to game changer and britax and it was some mom of one who was super thrilled with the click tight on the frontier because it is sooooooo hard to lean into a car seat to install it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC