Infant car seat recommendations

cookie123

A friend asked for a list of car seats for her new baby.

What are other techs/car seat gurus recommending lately for people who ask? I've really slacked off and don't know the good/bad points of the newer seats at all. Could someone give me some great advice? Please?

TIA!!

ADS

aporthole

The Carseatblog recommended seat list is a great place to start. There are links the the reviews for each one there too.

1mommy

The keyfit and the graco snugrides seem to be the most common/popular seats. I would stick with a classic connect vs click connect for the graco, and get the one with the lockoffs (35?) if she doesn't have or use latch.

cookie123

Good point. I don't know if she has latch or what vehicles they drive. They are my dd's neighbors/friends. What other seats have a lock off?

1mommy

My personal knowledge is the britax b safe, chicco key fit and graco 35 lx... Not sure if there are more.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I have a Pipa and while I love it, it's pricy and not for the average parent.

I most often recommend the Keyfit30 when I have no other details. I find it to be the most user friendly.

AniW

The key fit has a deeper seat than the graco. I have the keyfit but think the graco maybe would have been better because it's more reclined and less "c" shaped.

mom2ari

The Onboard air 35 has lock offs as well, and it has the nice push on latch connectors as well if she does want to use latch.

Cagirlintexas

The chicco seems to be really popular on here but I had some concerns about the maximum 30 height verses the maximum 32 inch height of many others like the graco or britax because they will out grow it sooner.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC