2010 honda ody 3 across question

Carolinadaisy

I know we don't have specs for the diono cambria yet. But do you think there would be a chance of fitting a ff Britax Frontier 85, rf infant seat with a base and a Cambria 3 across the second row?? I would also consider a Britax Parkway sgl, but I'm not crazy on the current covers.

And if so, what infant seat might fit best? I used a keyfit 30 with both boys, but I sold it as it would expire January 2014. Baby is due in early April. I have a Chicco Nextfit, but I don't know if I want to start an infant in it and I'm fairly sure it wouldn't be easy in a 3 across to tighten, etc.

Ds1 most likely won't want to ride in the third row by himself. And I can't latch a booster in third row either. Ds2 needs to be in second row for ease of preschool drop-off and pickup.

ADS

DawgDad

Take the middle seat out of the 2nd row, slide over the captains chairs so that they are together and put the oldest in the 3rd row. My oldest wanted to sit in the back row so badly...she thought she was super cool back there.

If you use that configuration, you won't have any trouble putting the nextfit (if you choose to) or any other infant carrier as you would have a full captains chair to fit it in with LATCH.

I would definitely make sure your two oldest were on one side (passenger side most preferable) so that they can get in together as able bodied children, get in their seats and hopefully buckle up while you could tend to the baby on your side in that captains chair. With the middle seat removed and the passenger captains chair in the second row scooted over, the passthrough to the 3rd row is quite large for an adult to get back there and maneuver around if assistance is needed for the oldest.

Give this configuration a try well before the baby comes...get the kids transitioned to it, so that when the new baby arrives, there is LESS change for the children to get used to...

Syllieann

I have a bsafe in the plus one with a pinnacle behind driver. Presumably, anything narrower than the pinnacle would fit in the other captain's chair. The keyfit supposedly works in the plus one too, and is even narrower. I'm not sure about ease of buckling though. My son tried the pinnacle in booster mode (just for fit, not to go anywhere) and had an awfully hard time getting his hand down between the seats to buckle.

Carolinadaisy

Thanks! I am trying to keep all 3 in the second row for now. I may end up changing my mind by the time baby gets here. I'm also not sure on getting a new infant seat or just using the Nextfit. I think I'd like the infant seat for the first few months.....but I'm hoping to find one in a great sale or possibly buy from a trusted friend. I liked our keyfit and I still have a bokoo cover which isn't as sweaty as the other covers so I'm leaning towards a keyfit....if the price is right.

Carolinadaisy

Any chance someone has tried a Britax Frontier 85 harnessed, chicco keyfit and Recaro performance booster 3 across in a 2010 Ody or similar year model? I'm wondering how hard that would be to get the booster buckled. I may have to order and see.

henrietta

I've done 3 across in my 2009...and it's okay...your booster rider can get buckled, but it's not easy or fun. And should you one day need your third row for other passengers, you will have to remove the middle carseat and 2nd row passenger side carseat, so that you can move the 2nd row passenger seat forward to let people get into the third row. You cannot slide the outboard seats forward with a carseat in the center.

I've had an Evenflo Secure Kid 300 (combination seat), Combi Cocorro, and Cybex Xfix booster (which is wide) or a backless Harmony booster.

Overall, with 3 kids, it's a PITA. This is my third mini van...and before we had our third child, I drove my niece and nephew and did car seats for 3 or more. In this van, three in a row can be a pain...and having one or two in the third row is not really that bad at all. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC