Subaru...who knew?!

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
While I have driven MANY cars, I have only ever owned Subaru. I :love: them. For as long as I have a ski-slope driveway or live where it snows with any regularity, I will be a loyal Subaru driver.

I agree. I don't even have a ski slope driveway, but I live in a snowy city that has been getting worse about plowing as the municipal budget gets tighter and tighter. We have had one car that wasn't a subaru -- but it was inherited from my in-laws...all the cars we've purchased together have been subies. We love them even though they are kind of a pain for finding compatible car seats (at least the forester and Impreza that we have).

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Funny how perceptions differ because coming from an older car (not that old, but a couple model generations ago), I was displeased with how all the manufacturers have shrunk their rear windows, significantly reducing visibility, especially for those of us with big car seats. However, I did find the Forester significantly better than the others and have been pleasantly surprised that it's not that bad even with our car seats. Still, it's worse than my old car, but would be better if I didn't have kids and car seats. I do love the great fishbowl visibility in front.

Forester definitely doesn't have the sleek, sporty look of a lot of small SUVs and hatchbacks. Probably in part due to the design to keep larger windows and less raked front pillars for visibility.

Athena

Forester definitely doesn't have the sleek, sporty look of a lot of small SUVs and hatchbacks. Probably in part due to the design to keep larger windows and less raked front pillars for visibility.

Yes, fortunately Subaru lags behind when it comes to style, so I can see. :D Silly me, making that a priority. :p

nataliem257

Funny how perceptions differ because coming from an older car (not that old, but a couple model generations ago), I was displeased with how all the manufacturers have shrunk their rear windows, significantly reducing visibility, especially for those of us with big car seats. However, I did find the Forester significantly better than the others and have been pleasantly surprised that it's not that bad even with our car seats. Still, it's worse than my old car, but would be better if I didn't have kids and car seats. I do love the great fishbowl visibility in front.

Congrats! I hope it works out well for you!

P.S. So you ordered? I'd only heard of people ordering, but thought by now ... Are they still not in stock? Or just not what you wanted? (Just curious)

I didn't order, I was going to when I was going to buy at the local dealership but they were not easy to deal with being the only one in town, so I went elsewhere. I ended up deciding on a dealership in Fayetville, AR. They've got several models I would take. I can't pick it up for a couple of weeks because my credit score was down because I had some credit cards too close to the limit, I paid them all off but the last one reports on the 6th of Sept so I have to wait until then. I'm hoping I can qualify for the 1.75% interest rate my credit union is offering so maybe I can afford to get leather :jive:

DawgDad

Probably white. I've never had a white car and I'm not the best about washing them lol. Also considering red, blue, or silver as long as it has light interior.

Silver. That's a good color on Subaru's...plus non-white cars typically have a higher resale value in everywhere but Florida.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I'm told the IIHS testing for the 2015 Legacy and Outback are already completed, but it is not known when the results will be published other than "soon".

They made a lot of changes, and of course targeted a "Good" rating in all tests and a 5-star overall NHTSA rating.

http://www.newspressusa.com/public/ViewPressRelease.aspx?pr=42414&pr_ref=4359

Looks like "Good" results across the board for both the 2015 Subaru Outback and 2015 Subaru Legacy in all the IIHS crash tests and and in every sub category crash test. Superior frontal crash avoidance like 2014 as well, when equipped with Eyesight.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/subaru/outback

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/subaru/legacy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC