Compass booster fit in a backpack?

P1ally

We're going to Hawaii next week, and I'm still trying to figure out what booster to get for DS. I had planned on buying a backless affix, but I'd love for him to be in a HBB, for sleeping in the car if nothing else. Obviously HBBs are not FAA approved, and will count against us as a carry on. Does anyone have a compass folding booster that could see if it fits in a regular school backpack? I'm thinking if DS can wear it on his back through the security checkpoint, I can strap it to my luggage afterwards. Otherwise, we'll need to check one of our bags, which is $25 x however many flights.

ADS

tl01

We just took a Nbb on a flight and it didn't couldn't against our carry on count. Of course if seems as though rules and not always enforced evenly at airlines...

P1ally

We just took a Nbb on a flight and it didn't couldn't against our carry on count. Of course if seems as though rules and not always enforced evenly at airlines...

Hmmmm.. What airline? We're flying United. Come to think of it, I guess I should ask my FIL because he works for the TSA..

momtoo3

The compass booster won't fit in a regular school backpack. The way it folds is the seat part folds up to the back rest. The back is definitely taller than a regular backpack.

tl01

Hmmmm.. What airline? We're flying United. Come to think of it, I guess I should ask my FIL because he works for the TSA..

We flew United:). Car seats that are checked don't count as luggage either... I'm not saying to check it.. but rather... they don't seem to care how it arrives. As long as it can be safely stowed I think you will be okay.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC