Anxiety about ff!!!

Stacy

I wasn't sure about posting this up here, but I really need some reassurance. How do you let go of your fear of ff your 2y7m old, when rf is not an option? I'm mentally freaking out!

Last edited:
ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Yep. FF is a little scary, boostering is a little scary, backless boostering is a little scary, and seatbelting is a little scary. Front seat is our next step, but not for another year or so!

Proper restraint necessarily is different for a 12yo than a 2yo, but just remember that a properly restrained child is very, very safe.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Proper restraint necessarily is different for a 12yo than a 2yo, but just remember that a properly restrained child is very, very safe.

:yeahthatsad:

Simply having the child in a correctly installed and used child restraint, and in a safer vehicle with an undistracted driver cuts any risk of serious injury to very low numbers.

All the other stuff is icing on the proverbial safety cake. You've already got the cake just by doing the basics;-)

I know it's scary, but if it helps, here's some perspective: What is even scarier is when you have much less control. That's a teen driver...

Consider this. 330 kids ages 1-4 died in motor vehicle crashes in 2011, the most recent year in the CDC fatal injury data reports. In 10 years, it has dropped to the fifth leading cause of death after congenital anomalies, drowning, homicide and cancer for this age range. That's more than 200 LESS than in 2001 when Car-Seat.Org started and crashes were the #1 cause for this age range at 558 deaths.

Meanwhile, 2,597 kids ages 16-19 deaths died in motor vehicle crashes in 2011. Almost 8x many as potential rear-facers:-( Crashes are by far the #1 cause of death for that age group. More than the next two causes of homicide and suicide combined, more than 5x cancer and over 3x that of the next leading unintentional cause, accidental poisoning.

Not sure if that helps, but I think your kiddo will be fine with a great safety advocate making sure they are buckled up correctly!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC