Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Most durable kid pants

I need to buy Levi some jeans and cargo pants for school, last year I resorted to buying $10 target jeans for him because they were only lasting him a few weeks before putting holes in the knees. He is soooo hard on pants. I want to buy him something that will last. In the past I've tried Old Navy, Children's Place, and Target with no luck. I just want basic, straight leg, dark wash jeans and basic cargo pants with maybe a few different color choices. He wears either a 4T or 4 reg. and his legs are fairly short. Oh, and I don't like carpenter jeans .

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Have you tried Lands End? The knees are reinforced. And if he still manages to put a whole in his jeans, you can return them at any time.

Senior Community Member happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    WalMart has some sort of guarantee on their clothes that kids will outgrow it before it is worn out. Maybe try that? Or Gymboree? I have found their jeans to be very sturdy. Or you could sew denim patches on the knees of his jeans?
    -Angela

I will look into Land's End, those will have to be ordered online though. I like the reinforced knees. He doesn't grow very quickly so if they really are durable and will last like I'm hoping, I think they're worth the price. I can check out Gymboree too, we have one of those in town.

Senior Community Member jennzee's Avatar

Re: Most durable kid pants

Gymboree was probably one of the quickest to wear holes for us. Most of what I've found there is the softer denim, or styles that are distressed, which makes them not as durable.

I've found that regardless of the brand, the darker washes tend to last longer....they are stiffer, but more durable. We've had the best luck with Old Navy, but I know not everybody does.
    Ryan, 12yo, Incognito
    Owen, 9.5yo, NBB
    Emmy, 9.5yo, NBB
    Quincy, 4, FF'ing Marathon
    Lindsey, 2, RF'ing CCO

Quote Originally Posted by jennzee View Post
    Gymboree was probably one of the quickest to wear holes for us. Most of what I've found there is the softer denim, or styles that are distressed, which makes them not as durable. I've found that regardless of the brand, the darker washes tend to last longer....they are stiffer, but more durable. We've had the best luck with Old Navy, but I know not everybody does.
    Old Navy is one he can wear through in less than a month. I never buy 'distressed' jeans or light colored ones, I always get the darkest wash I can find because they absolutely last longer.

We find osh kosh wear really well. He wore out the knees in Childrens places ones but not the osh kosh. They just had the jeans on door buster so $12 a pair
    L 12/08 riding in a Zebra FR90 52lbs 48in
    J 12/11 riding rfing in a Laguna G4 BLVD 28lbs 35in

A 10/14 riding in a SS1!

What about the Sears brand with the double knees? Do they still have that? Sorry, Toughskins?
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

I love how my Oshkosh stuff has held up! Everything except the one swimsuit I've purchased there has always aged very well.
    Mama to Baby Girl N - two years old
    Loving Stepmother of wonderful girls, H-9 and S-5

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus UlrikeDG's Avatar

Kira has a pair of these that were Roman's 10 years ago (then Eva's, then Nadia's).
    Ulrike, mom to:
    Roman (3/98), Evalina (3/00), Nadia (3/03), and Kira (11/07)

See an inappropriate post? Don't reply to it; report it!
    Thanks for your help in keeping this a safe, SPAM-free zone!

Senior Community Member happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katymyers View Post
    Old Navy is one he can wear through in less than a month. I never buy 'distressed' jeans or light colored ones, I always get the darkest wash I can find because they absolutely last longer.
    Convince him to become a nudest?

Kidding, but how frustrating!!
    -Angela

Quote Originally Posted by happiness-and-balance View Post
    Convince him to become a nudest? Kidding, but how frustrating!!
    Seriously, I would put the kid in shorts year round if we didn't live in Idaho. Last school year I was buying a pair of jeans every two weeks to keep up with him.

Senior Community Member Keeks64's Avatar
    Uuuggghhhh my DS ruins pants in a week to! It's SO frustrating lol

We had 2 pairs of GAP last almost through the school year which was awesome! Calvin clien from Costco (they come in a set with 2 shirts) are still going strong! I'm going to buy a few sets this year & just more GAP.

ON & TCP were down right awful for holey knees.

R: 09/2008, 40lbs & 44"
    D: 07/2012 27lbs & 33"

Carseat Crazy
    My ds1 tears holes in his pants so fast! For jeans, I found that the Crazy 8 dark wash straight leg jeans held up better than others. As a bonus, I got them for $8 a pair last fall on sale with a coupon.

I've heard great things about the lands end pants. We may have to try them this fall, but they are pricey. However, if I could actually pass them down to Ds2, it may be worth it!