Double stroller help again :(

dawnp15

I thought i had found the stroller that would work best for us but it's just not cutting it. This spring i bought the newer 2014 baby jogger city mini GT, and i love almost everything about it but the under basket. I didn't think it would be as big of deal to me as it turns out to be. I can't fit anything i need under there, and it think it's a deal breaker after all.

So any suggestions for me? I think i'm leaning more towards a double BOB but i have no idea what the under storage is like on them. The nearest BBB to go look at one in person is at least 45 min. Help please!!

ADS

ebp913

The BOB basket isn't huge but I could still wedge my Jujube BFF diaper bag (stuffed) in the basket. I'd also consider the Valco Snap Duo (you can get air tires for it) or maybe even the Valco Zee Two if you want a great basket. FWIW, when I had my Duallie, I put hooks on the bar that's covered by the weather shield attachment and hung my bag there most of the time.

jordansmom

The Zee two basket is huge. It's my indoor double stroller so the standard wheels are fine for me. Sounds like you would need to look into getting the air tires though if you were also considering a BOB and had the BJCMD GT.

dawnp15

I had hooks on the bar of my baby jogger but didn't love that either, i'm starting to wonder if i'm really the issue lol. I need something that turns with great ease that's why i lean towards something with air tires. My 5 year old and 2 year old each weight about 35lbs, so to push 70lbs of kid plus the stroller i want something that pushes very easily and of course has a decent basket that you can actually access.

kaharris83

I have a City Mini GT double and use it as my Costco shopping stroller. I moved the basket down on the frame for easier access. I shove things into it from the side. I don't know if that would help you at all.

dawnp15

I had no idea you could move the basket! I wish it wasn't almost 11 at night otherwise i would be trying to move mine! I guess i know what i will be doing in the morning lol! I was so upset with it yesterday that i listed it on craigslist, and i already have someone interested in it. Probably should have waited until i cooled off to make that decision!

DawgDad

What are you trying to put under the stroller? We have just the single and can get everything we need under there for our outings and most shopping excursions to the mall. The diaper bag drapes over the bar, we have the cup holder attachment up top with 2 extra pockets. We also tend to grab our skip-hop diaper changing clutch thing when we go out to shop. No need to tote the entire diaper bag if it's a quick run in and out.

kaharris83

My Costco run tonight with my double GT.

10552535_10204206895550144_4761831895536867928_n_zps7de5be0e.jpg

10525906_10204206895790150_1675549042978361882_n_zps64580123.jpg

10411254_10204206896110158_1966177901508366030_n_zps9e9776f8.jpg

10552579_10204206896550169_1983216170584846777_n_zps3e300ce2.jpg

jjordan

I'm guessing it's not really what you're looking for, but I do love my B-Ready as a double stroller. On a recent vacation we loaded up the basket with a good-sized diaper bag, large DSLR camera, cooler bag, and smaller sack. The kid on the bottom (6 year old or 3 year old, depending) didn't have a lot of foot room, but there were no complaints. It is still sort of wide, but I find it to be more maneuverable side by side Baby Jogger double that we rented in Disney World a couple years ago.

dawnp15

We always take our diaper bag which is just a thirty one bag, with enough diapers and wipes for 2 kids, a change of clothes for both, a couple snacks and toys, and a sippy cup each. DD2 is special needs and always has to have her favorite tie blanket with, and depending on the weather possibly a hoodie for them to. We don't just use if for the mall and shopping we go hiking, and other places like the zoo so sometimes we pack a lunch too.

I bought hooks for the handle bar to hang bags from but i guess i diaper bag is too heavy for it cause i causes the handle to slip down into lower positions. IDK if something is wrong with my handle or if it's just too much weight.

I backed out of selling it last night, i really do love everything about this stroller but the basket. But i'm starting to wonder if i'm expecting too much from it lol. I'm going to look at it today and see what i can do to lower the basket some like kaharris83 suggested. And thanks for the pics too, i can't believe all that stuff fits in there! I just feel like when my kids are sitting in the stroller i can't even get my hand through the back!

kaharris83

Dang kaharris! Quite impressive packing skills. Do you pack the car for family vacation as well?

Haha former flight attendant so I've got lots of practice in maximizing space when packing. We never drive anywhere so I don't have to pack the car, no. :)

I just feel like when my kids are sitting in the stroller i can't even get my hand through the back!

I don't access from the back at all usually. One of my kids seems to always be reclined so it is pretty impossible. Plus the bars there make it very difficult. The sides however pull down nicely and you can slip all sorts of things down in there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC