we need a new car, what can our seats fit in?

U

Unregistered

We're needing a new car badly. Like in the next week badly. The problem is we have a real tight budget and really specific car seat needs. Our max price is $17,000 and we have to fit a cocorro and two of those v$20 boosters from Walmart (I forget what they're called). It can be tight because the second booster is only used for carpooling. We're considering a Nissan versa or something like that, but I'm real worried about fit. Does anyone out there have a recommendation for cars that might work? Of course I'll take the seats to try when we can get into some cars, but I'm overwhelmed and need a starting point!

ADS

jjordan

With 3 kids, most people would have minivans on their short list, and that would make your fitting concerns less important. :) Perhaps as a starting point, you can measure the combined width of your seat and compare it to the hip room measurement on a car website like MSN autos or Edmund's.

Keep in mind that if you are planning to drive this car for several years, at some point your child will outgrow the coccoro and will almost certainly move into a seat that takes up more room.

mam1937

I just looked at a Nissan versa. I got a ff blvd and 2 literider boosters in it, though buckling may be a pain. I actually liked the 3 across fit better in a 2015 honda fit.

DawgDad

Does it have to be brand new?

Here's a year old one with very low miles that could easily be negotiated below $17,000. I'm guessing you get the balance of the manufacturers warranty as well.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/604397762/overview/

Drives like a car, sliding doors like a minivan for loading kids! No problem fitting your Coccoro plus 3 boosters of almost any type.

I was going to suggest the same thing...$17K isn't as tight of a budget if you buy used.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC