2000 Durango tethers

U

Unregistered

I am looking for the latch manual for my vehicle to find out if I have tethers for the middle row outboard seats. Also I am looking to put tethers in the back row. Any advice here would be great
My husband said, "buy the tethers and I will find out where to put them in".

Thanks so much for your help!!!!
T

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hi and welcome! I found a listing in the LATCH manual for retrofitting the second row in 1998-2000 model year Durangos with two rows, but there's no listing at all for a third row equipped version for that model year range to indicate whether or not the third row is also retrofittable. The 1998-2000 Durango models can have two second row outboard top tether anchors retrofitted and the retrofit part number differs depending on the second row vehicle seating type. If it's a second row 60/40 split seat, the Dodge/Chrysler top tether anchor retrofit part number is 05015403AA. If it's a 40/20/40 split seat, the top tether anchor retrofit part number is 05012007AB. Chrysler Group LLC dealers will retrofit top tether anchors free of charge - you need to refer the dealer to Technical Service Bulletin 23-029-08 for details of this free retrofit policy, and the dealer can also find additional information in the Warranty Information Center (WIC) in article #1339. I recommend inquiring at the Chrysler/Dodge dealer and/or contacting Chrysler/Dodge corporate at 1-800-423-6343 about whether or not it's possible to also retrofit the third row with top tether anchors.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC