Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Best early walker shoes

I'm thinking ahead to this fall and winter and I'm gonna need some shoes for Aubrei. She's a great walker but her balance is really tricky so I need something that'll be as close to bare feet as possible but still have a non skid bottom. I also need tiny sizes, I think she's about a 2 with room to grow right now. They've also got to be able to keep her feet warm. I'm willing to spend what I need to in order to get what I want, is there anything that meets my criteria? I'm lost, I've always bought Converses for my kids but she can't wear those, I've tried some of Ella's old ones but she just falls in them . Help!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I don't like tiny converse because while the soles are flexible when they are big, when they are small, they just are stiff. Any of the super flexible brands will be fine. I'm a huge soft star fan for the littles. You can get a custom made shoe. :-) I also like the stride rite line that is super flexible. Oh and Pediped grip and gos!
    Mama to Baby Girl N - two years old
    Loving Stepmother of wonderful girls, H-9 and S-5

SoftStar! You can get Ramblers and add a sheepskin inner sole.

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1

I just looked up those Soft Star shoes, OMG they are too cute for freaking words! They're like elf shoes, I love them!!! I'm so buying some and I might get a pair for myself just for the hell of it. Thank you, I never would have found those in my own .

Quote Originally Posted by katymyers View Post
    I just looked up those Soft Star shoes, OMG they are too cute for freaking words! They're like elf shoes, I love them!!! I'm so buying some and I might get a pair for myself just for the hell of it. Thank you, I never would have found those in my own .
    I like their merry janes. :-)

They have a beautiful new ballerina flat out that I'm itching to try.

Walmart has some Mary janes by Healthtex that have the squishy rubber bottoms like stride rite. Reese has had at least 7-8 pairs of different sizes and colors.

Sent from my DROID4 using Car-Seat.Org
    Rayleigh - 9/07 - Frontier 85

Reese - 7/12 - RF Britax Boulevard

I love Stride Rite SRT soft motion shoes and boots. The bottoms are completely flexible (and comparable to barefoot), but they are warm and you can get cute fur lined ones for winter.

Scarlett wore them last winter when she was a new walker and they were perfect! Scarlett had these and the bottoms were completely flexible: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00APV5EVO/ref=mp_s_a_1_41?qid=1406077122&sr=8-41&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70"]Stride Rite SRT Dakota Boot (Toddler):Amazon:Shoes[/ame] (I also have two SR SRT boots that are brand new somewhere in swap that were too small for Scarlett.)

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I love Stride Rite SRT soft motion shoes and boots. The bottoms are completely flexible (and comparable to barefoot), but they are warm and you can get cute fur lined ones for winter. Scarlett wore them last winter when she was a new walker and they were perfect! Scarlett had these and the bottoms were completely flexible: Video Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00APV5EVO/ref=mp_s_a_1_41?qid=1406077122&sr=8-41&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70 (I also have two SR SRT boots that are brand new somewhere in swap that were too small for Scarlett.)
    I was trying to think of the SR line and that's it! I wish they made them in big sizes haha!