So many new seats... Which one?

Ladybugmomma

The last time I bought a convertible seat was 2010 and that was the new britax marathon.
My daughter is almost 4. I'm thinking of moving her to the britax frontier. Any opinions on that seat?
I have a 3 month old who is already 16lbs, in a britax b-safe. I'm wanting to get her a new seat soon, I'm partial to britax but will consider others. It's going into a 2008 odyssey, but we will be getting a 2015 odyssey when they come out.
What are the "best" seats right now?

ADS

MommyShannon

The Frontier is a great seat with a super simple install. For your baby, there are lots of good choices. Britax convertibles aren't the longest lasting for rearfacing. They are fine for average to shorter kiddos, but there are several taller options too. I'd look at the Chicco NextFit, Graco 4Ever, Graco MySize, Peg Perego, Diono Rainier, and Clek Foonf.

Ladybugmomma

How are those seats to install? I have average sized kids, none of them have outgrown a britax. My almost 4 yr old is just 37lbs. I was tempted with the rainier but those scare me to install.

MommyShannon

The NextFit is really easy with LATCH. The issue with the new Britax seats is they are outgrown RF when there is only 1" of shell above the child's head NOT headrest. That's typically around a 3T shirt or so. The others go to at least a 4T shirt, probably 5T. For an average sized child though, it will easily last RF to 3.

MommyShannon

Since this is in the Canadian/International forum, I'm thinking OP is Canadian, meaning the nextfit or size4me/mysize aren't available Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
Oops, I missed that. Sorry. That definitely reduces your choices.
I'd look at the Peg. It's supposed to be similar but better than the Britax seats and lasts some kids longer.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC