Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Community Member mcomommy's Avatar

Marathon and Blvd height same???

Just wanted to make sure the Marathon and Blvd. are the same size right? My friend wants to make sure they both fit rfing in her car before she picks which one she wants. And she was a 06 Corolla, will they both fit in there in the middle? Does anyone have a pic of it?
    E wife to J and homeschooling mommy to
    M 11 years in a seatbelt
    C 9 years in a Graco Affix BB
    O 7 years in a Graco Affix HBB
    H 3 years in a Chicco Nextfit

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Marathon and Blvd height same???

They are both identical shells. I can't imagine they wouldn't fit rearfacing in the center.

Senior Community Member mcomommy's Avatar

That is what I though but she was worried so I thought I would ask to make sure.
    E wife to J and homeschooling mommy to
    M 11 years in a seatbelt
    C 9 years in a Graco Affix BB
    O 7 years in a Graco Affix HBB
    H 3 years in a Chicco Nextfit

The shells are identical, but if the child is tall, the BV headrest raises above the shell by several inches, so it can potentially be a taller seat than the MA.
    11yo DD *69lb* Backless Turbo
    8.5yo DD *45lb* High Back Turbobooster/Pink Monterey
    6yo DS *43lb* Cowmoo Parkway SG/Lizards In Line Turbobooster
    2y4m DD*24lb*RF in an Alma MR 65 and Kathryn RA 55

Carseat Crazy

Are you sure they are the same shells? My kids (18 mo & 4 years) can't fit in the MA because it is narrower at the top near the shoulders. They fit in the BLVD just fine. So, we bought a BLVD. They may be the same height, but I don't think they are the same. I thought the MA and the Decathalon were the same shells?

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by mom2boys View Post
    Are you sure they are the same shells? My kids (18 mo & 4 years) can't fit in the MA because it is narrower at the top near the shoulders. They fit in the BLVD just fine. So, we bought a BLVD. They may be the same height, but I don't think they are the same. I thought the MA and the Decathalon were the same shells?
    None of them are the same shells. They are similar, but not the same.