Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Please recommend airport travel cart for convertible car seat

We're flying in a few days and I totally forgot to buy one of those travel carts for the wheeling the seat around the airport. Seat is a Britax Roundabout G4. I know Britax has their own cart, but I think it might be more expensive and I'm not sure if it's really a better fit for the seat?

Amazon links (particularly to items with Prime eligibility) are appreciated, but any advice would be great!
    Mama to G. (born March of 2013, riding FF in a Chicco MyFit, an IMMI Go, and a Britax Marathon)... and L. (born June of 2015, riding RF in a Graco Milestone, a Graco Extend-2-Fit 3-in-1 and a Graco SlimFit)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Can you run to a Walmart/Target and grab a folding luggage cart ? Sorry no links
    Michelle

Re: Please recommend airport travel cart for convertible car seat

Quote Originally Posted by MotoMommaNH View Post
    Can you run to a Walmart/Target and grab a folding luggage cart ? Sorry no links
    Ooh -- do just regular luggage carts work? Can you still wheel the toddler in the seat?
    Mama to G. (born March of 2013, riding FF in a Chicco MyFit, an IMMI Go, and a Britax Marathon)... and L. (born June of 2015, riding RF in a Graco Milestone, a Graco Extend-2-Fit 3-in-1 and a Graco SlimFit)

Quote Originally Posted by Nedra View Post

Ooh -- do just regular luggage carts work? Can you still wheel the toddler in the seat?
    Depends on the seat but most do with a little creativity. I used a walmart luggage cart with a Radian, Marathon classic and Maestro.

DD - 12/07 - Backless Turbo
    DS - 9/13 - Boulevard

Senior Community Member jujumum's Avatar
    We always used an umbrella stroller and bungee cords.

Lisa
    DD2 - 9 yrs,, TB lbb/Affix, DS2 - 7 yrs, Chicco Kitfit, TBSS Affix
    DD1 & DS1 safely using adult seat belts (18 yrs & 15 yrs)

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: Please recommend airport travel cart for convertible car seat

Quote Originally Posted by jujumum View Post
    We always used an umbrella stroller and bungee cords.
    Works great! I prefer to load up the stroller with everything and use a sling/carrier for the toddler, but you can generally rig it to put the toddler in the car seat on the stroller if that is your preference.
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava