Dodge Caravan 3 across :)

sarahknavy

My sister has another baby coming and are ordering a 12-15 passenger ford but it is going to take a while... She has 2 months to carry the 5 in her car.

She has a graco ready ride looking seat. I can't remember but it's a smaller one.(18 mo old)

maestro (3.5 year old)

Turbo booster 5 year old

Backless something for 7 year old.

Is there any way to do this so she can put the maestro/turbo in the back with the 7 year old in a cheap seat? She doesn't want to buy new seats and she is really short so is trying to find a way not to be loading Rear facers through the trunk.

ADS

Baylor

Do you know what year her caravan is? I know the problem with mine is that boosters in the back don't do so well.

cookie123

I think the middle position in the 3rd row works with a low back booster, as long as there is head support. THere's only one top tether, and it's off set, which is a problem for forward facing harnessed seats. The Boost Air and one of the Evenflos work well for a high back foster back there. So maybe a Boost Air, a low back, then the harnessed seat on the driver's side. I'll search and see which Evenflo works.

The Evenflo Amp high back.

Last edited:

LifeAtHome

Pretty sure the '06 only has a lap belt center. That's what my '05 has. That's also where the top tether is, so the maestro should go there.
Could she put the infant seat in back with the lbb in the seat in front of it? Then she could flip the captain's seat forward, snap bucket into base, & put seat back up for booster rider.

sarahknavy

I think you are right. Will a high back fit on either side? She is now saying that they may wait a year before getting the new van... I really hope she can keep her 5 year old in a high back. She is right around 40 lbs.

Will an infant seat for back there with the maestro?

cookie123

Pretty sure the '06 only has a lap belt center. That's what my '05 has. That's also where the top tether is, so the maestro should go there.
Could she put the infant seat in back with the lbb in the seat in front of it? Then she could flip the captain's seat forward, snap bucket into base, & put seat back up for booster rider.

So the 05 has the same outboard issues that the newer models have then? If so, a low back booster will not position the shoulder belt correctly. The kids that ride in those will need the captain's seats. As long as she's using an infant seat, it's not too bad getting the rear facing infant seat back there. You can fold forward the captains chair on the passenger side and lift in into the base fairly easily. Well, my dd could. She didn't have a middle position seat, and her van is the newer style.

cookie123

She might be able to do the Maestro in the middle and 2 high backs on the sides. The Evenflo Amp or the Safety 1st Air Boost, which I think is narrow and tall. Neither booster is too expensive.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC