3 across in a dodge journey?

biddyk8

I need to be able to do an occasional 3 across in my dodge journey. I need 2 rear facers and a forward facing. I have a peg convertible and a tribute. I tried today with the peg RF, tribute ff center and a I think designer 22 bucket seat. The car door wouldn't close:mad: but they all looked like they fit, I think the handle of the bucket was hitting the door arm rest so I just need an inch :(

Are there any narrow FF combination seats that would maybe work in the middle of the PVC and the tribute? I'd prefer a combination seat as with 2 convertibles already I dont really need another one.
I think a maestro might be too wide. Would a sure ride be a better thought? If I had the budget I'd get a radian just to get a new one, but I probably couldnt go above $130.

The FFing kid is 3.5 and about 29lbs and 36/37inches.

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
A little part of my soul died when I read the title of this thread. :crying:

What year Journey? 2-row or 3-row?

Did you try the bucket seat baseless?

biddyk8

I have a third row, but the pvc or the tribute wont fit RFing there even with the 2nd row pushed forward:(

The bucket was baseless- the parents have lost the base, and I had to rethread the straps on the bucket as they were tangled and set to high for the baby:(

Keeks64

A little part of my soul died when I read the title of this thread. :crying: What year Journey? 2-row or 3-row? Did you try the bucket seat baseless?

Ha! Me too :( I can't wait to trade mine in! Gah

What about RF peg centre, FF Titan outboard driver & baseless infant seat passenger

I don't have a PVC but I do have a marathon & it works centre in my 2012 5 passenger.

Radian FF might work better than the Titan or even 2 surerides & the peg centre

A FF sureride, RF sureride & RF PVC might work too - I think the sureride plays nice s/b/s with eachother

biddyk8

The peg doesn't fit centre unfortunately, the plastic at the buckles and the ARB don't work at all. Us, and 2 techs have all tried and none could get a install we were comfortable with there.

It does fit FFing though I wonder would RFing sureride/FF PVC/RFing tribute work?
As much as I want a radian i dunno if I could talk DH into it, sureride I could as T is hitting almost 36 inches so she doesn't have much growing RFing room in the tribute.

This is as one of my close friends who doesn't have a car so we do go places a lot altogether when our DH's are in work.

Keeks64

The peg doesn't fit centre unfortunately, the plastic at the buckles and the ARB don't work at all. Us, and 2 techs have all tried and none could get a install we were comfortable with there. It does fit FFing though I wonder would RFing sureride/FF PVC/RFing tribute work? As much as I want a radian i dunno if I could talk DH into it, sureride I could as T is hitting almost 36 inches so she doesn't have much growing RFing room in the tribute. This is as one of my close friends who doesn't have a car so we do go places a lot altogether when our DH's are in work.

Radian only works outboard anyways - fits like a glove RF behind the passenger with the AA

I wonder how much higher the sides are on the PVC vs the MA? I can puzzle with a SureRide going to opposite direction but I am visualizing the PVC being lower & not as wide.

You could do maybe RF PVC outboard, FF SureRide & then a RF radian or SureRide outboard? The Titan might work outboard because it's similar to the SureRide in shape

i would say put two car seats next to each other in the middle row on the 60 part and leave the 40 part clear to fold forward and but a front facing car seat back there. course i have not tried to fit 3 car seats in one. i only drove one when my van was getting fixed as loaner. how old is the oldest?? i would say but a meastro in the 3 row behind the 40 seat that will fold forward to let the child out and then you have the other two in the middle row. i hope what i am saying makes sense.

biddyk8

There are no tethers in the third row, and its mandatory to tether a FFing seat in Canada so its not possible to put a FF-er in the third row.

I think its the peg that is the issue, the next time the sureride is on sale (in plum) I'm going to try and pick one up. My friend is away for a few weeks so it won't be an issue for a while im just trying to think ahead so that I can be prepared for what to watch in a sale for.

I think infant seat, tribute ffing and sureride rfing would work.

biddyk8

DH was in they city today and he went to TRU, he tried tribute rf, peg ff and sureride rfing. He said it worked to him anyway, and that at least he could close the door this time.

Anyone know what sears are like for returning car seats? Sugarplum colour is online only so we would have to order it and then me try it properly.

biddyk8

Sugarplum ordered, had some sears points I could redeem and I got it for $110 delivered incl tax :dance:

Not worried about returns as she only has an inch left of growth in the tribute we will need a new travel/spare seat. She is excited about getting a purple seat, it might end up staying in the car full time instead of the peg.

Delivery date isn't until 9th of August to out here in the sticks, so I'll update if it works when it gets here.

biddyk8

Sureride arrived today! It works! T is loving her new purple seat, and at least it has growing room for her.

ForumRunner_20140805_163906.png

So rf tribute, ff peg and rf sure ride work. The peg needs tethered but this was just a test install, the tribute needs it's pool noodle back aswell for the correct angle but they all fit. Woo

ForumRunner_20140805_163928.png

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC