Question Travelling to Sweden

Calgarymom

Hello there

Last summer when we visited Sweden my in-laws borrowed booster seats for our kids from friends of theirs. it seems like that is not happening this year and we leave in less than 48 hours.

Can we take our Canadian no-back Graco boosters?

Both kids sit maturely in their seats so that the belt goes over the shoulder.
Daughter is 8.5 yr old and about 53 pounds / 50"
Son is 6.5 yr old and about 48 pounds / 48 "

My mother-in-law seemed to think that neither child would need a booster, but I would feel safer. I am not sure which cars we will end up driving them in.

Any help is most welcome.

Nicole

ADS

Mommy!

Hi Nicole,

Hope you and your family enjoy your trip to Sweden! :)

I would certainly take and use your no back boosters. Your children should each be able to carry theirs on the plane (as a "personal item", in addition to their carry on; like you carrying on a purse :) , and stow them in the luggage compartment. They can't be actually used on the plane.

As far as whether it is legal to use Canadian seats in Sweden, I can't answer that question, in many countries it is actually illegal.

However it is not practical to purchase boosters in Sweden for a visit, and renting seats is always a bad idea (you have no idea if the rental booster has been in an accident etc).

It is highly unlikely that anyone will even notice your seats are Canadian (especially no back boosters), and your children will be much, much safer riding in their boosters than in just seatbelts.

Adventuredad

Welcome to Sweden! It's illegal to us any non-ECE R44 certified seat in Europe. Doesn't matter if it's as a tourist or a resident. Parents bringing seats and planning in advance should be applauded IMHO. Always good to use seats one is familiar with.

Bring you boosters and use them. Rentals are available if needed. Purchasing a LBB is 30 bucks if need. Sweden is very different regarding renting and using car seats. All taxis do for example have two booster seats. Of course without a charge. In the Stockholm area 90% of taxis have rear facing seats. Of course free of charge.

Renting seats works nicely over here. We have three stores in the Stockholm area and rent lots of seats by the day or week. It's cheap and seats are of course the same high quality seats which are sold in stores. Always inspected and certified.

Enjoy your trip.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC