van shopping

wildeyes

so the reverse on my ford windstar is crapping out, and after putting over 2k into it in the past 7 months, i'm done. i only paid 2700 for it, and i still have more work to do to it. (a/c, reverse, couple small things)

so, my budget is about 8000 ish, or 150/mo (i have NO idea what i can expect to get in trade or private sale from the windstar. cars.com said 1600 given the poor condition)

i'm thinking to go with a honda, toyota or kia, but i dont really know much about what model years to look for or stay away from. inventory in my area seems to be a 2007 Chrysler and a 2003 honda are about the same price. there seems to be vans in all price ranges in all model years available, so finding what i end up deciding shouldnt be an issue, although price might be (i.e a 2004 honda is 9000)

we currently have radians, and i'd like to keep them, only because hubby is resistant to getting a new van to begin with, new carseats might push him over the edge LOL

i'm so lost.

ADS

thepote

I have a 2005 Ody since it was new and I love it. Knock on wood it's been very reliable (has 133k miles). I wouldn't go earlier than 2005 on the Ody because of the known transmission issues on previous generations.

Good luck!

wildeyes

well, the bank gae us more than we thought, and we got an '07 ody ex-l.

now i just gotta figure out where to put the ff radian, ans she is over 40 pounds and we cant use latch, and it looks like the dreaded forward of the bight buckles in the third row might be an issue. i'll get to play with it monday when we take delivery.

found out the windstar had been in a serious accident with airbag deployment and was declared a total loss. it was very hard to drive that thing home after that.

MommyShannon

Congrats! We have an '06 Ody and love it. I don't have any experience with Radians though. This doesn't help with the Radian much, but Honda changed their LATCH limits retroactively to 65lbs total.

wildeyes

Congrats! We have an '06 Ody and love it. I don't have any experience with Radians though. This doesn't help with the Radian much, but Honda changed their LATCH limits retroactively to 65lbs total.

yeah, that means seatbelt install only, as she is 42 pounds, plus the 24 of the radian is more than 65. bah. just a smidge though, and i *might* put it in there with latch anyway for a week till my next paycheck and i can go get something else. she wont be in it but for a trip or two, if that.

i'm hoping it's everything i've been told it will be. it's got lots of features and such. every single person i have asked LOVES their ody, so i kinda banked on that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC