Combi Coccoro discontinued?

LC2003

It says discontinued on both Albee baby and walmart. I did want to try one out for our new baby on the 8th seat/jump seat/plus one seat of our 2013 Sienna. Will they replace it?

ADS

abigaylebelle

I hope it isn't discontinued! I see amazon and target have cco in stock right now. I bought a cover set from combi a week ago and they said they would have more colors in September.

LC2003

I hope it isn't discontinued! I see amazon and target have cco in stock right now. I bought a cover set from combi a week ago and they said they would have more colors in September.

That makes sense, because when I saw it listed on the sale site Wayfair, it said "restocking September 4." I really hope they get back some of the more interesting colors then as our car interior is gray and so only the key lime would work. I'd totally buy a pink.

jwilliams

What do you mean? I don't understand. Are you selling yours or something?

My daughters will be 2.5 and we're getting a bigger vehicle in October, so I will be buying something else at that time to keep them RF longer. And if purple comes to the US a month before I'm going to be very annoyed that I missed out on it!

LC2003

My daughters will be 2.5 and we're getting a bigger vehicle in October, so I will be buying something else at that time to keep them RF longer. And if purple comes to the US a month before I'm going to be very annoyed that I missed out on it!

Ah! What colors are they in now? How big are they? I am having a girl in December so want an idea of how long I will be able to use it RFing. I imagine it will last about as long as a Britax Roundabout.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I'm pretty sure the Roundabout has higher RF weight and height ratings than Coccoro, which is pretty compact. The Roundabout isn't as narrow as Coccoro, but like the Coccoro it doesn't take up nearly as much front-to-back space as many other convertibles with higher ratings. It's also reasonably priced and tends to be a bit easier to install than Coccoro. The Coccoro will likely have an advantage in 3-across installs and if you plan to use it for a preemie (3 lb. minimum version) or newborn. The Roundabout won't fit a preemie and requires an optional insert to fit a typical newborn.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Roundabout-Convertible-Seat-Onyx/dp/B00F9Q3FPC"]Amazon.com : Britax Roundabout G4 Convertible Car Seat, Onyx : Convertible Child Safety Car Seats : Baby[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Combi-Coccoro-Car-Seat-Licorice/dp/B00IL5IN78/"]Amazon.com : Combi Coccoro Car Seat, Licorice : Baby[/ame]

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Seems like a good reason to contact Combi. Could be as simple as a misprint. Do the new stickers and manuals BOTH say 5 lbs?

scoutingbear

I have tried a coccoro rear facing in the 8th seat of the 2013 Sienna. In theory it should work but I could not get it tight. If I ever find my Combi locking clip I will be happy to try again with it. (The locking clip shows up in random locations. Like my sock drawer every once in a while.)

LC2003

I have tried a coccoro rear facing in the 8th seat of the 2013 Sienna. In theory it should work but I could not get it tight. If I ever find my Combi locking clip I will be happy to try again with it. (The locking clip shows up in random locations. Like my sock drawer every once in a while.)

Someone else said it did work, but since I can't find it locally, I'd be very grateful if you tried it out. I'd really only be rear facing it in that spot. Did you try the European belt routing?

I'm pretty sure the Roundabout has higher RF weight and height ratings than Coccoro, which is pretty compact. The Roundabout isn't as narrow as Coccoro, but like the Coccoro it doesn't take up nearly as much front-to-back space as many other convertibles with higher ratings. It's also reasonably priced and tends to be a bit easier to install than Coccoro. The Coccoro will likely have an advantage in 3-across installs and if you plan to use it for a preemie (3 lb. minimum version) or newborn. The Roundabout won't fit a preemie and requires an optional insert to fit a typical newborn.

Amazon.com : Britax Roundabout G4 Convertible Car Seat, Onyx : Convertible Child Safety Car Seats : Baby

Amazon.com : Combi Coccoro Car Seat, Licorice : Baby

Thanks. We did own a roundabout and liked it for the ease of installation, but was trying to get something to fit in the jump seat of my 2013 Sienna. Don't need it to fit a preemie. Expecting about 9 lbs.

henrietta

I can't imagine that it (Cocorro) wouldn't go in tightly in the plus one of a 2011 or newer Ody. I managed to get mine in my 2009 Ody. It wasn't easy. Took lots of tries. Had to change out the pool noodle I was trying to use and install a few different times, but I got it in. It's still reasonably tight over 2 weeks later, even after a long road trip. I like the install to be a bit tighter than it is, but it doesn't move more than 1/2 inch or so. I used the Euro routing and I top tethered after I got it in tightly.

All that said, I have a total love/hate relationship with the Cocorro. It's the seat I want to love, but absolutely hate installing. And I can do really well with installs. Never had as much trouble as with this seat...I felt similarly about installing the Cosco AOE's rear facing. I love that seat, but rear facing installs stunk in lots of vehicles. When the Cocorro installs well, it really installs well. When it doesn't, it's a PITA. LOL

hths

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
(I'm not surprised the website still lists three, when they went to three from five it took about two years to change.)

LC2003

I can't imagine that it (Cocorro) wouldn't go in tightly in the plus one of a 2011 or newer Ody. I managed to get mine in my 2009 Ody. It wasn't easy. Took lots of tries. Had to change out the pool noodle I was trying to use and install a few different times, but I got it in. It's still reasonably tight over 2 weeks later, even after a long road trip. I like the install to be a bit tighter than it is, but it doesn't move more than 1/2 inch or so. I used the Euro routing and I top tethered after I got it in tightly.

All that said, I have a total love/hate relationship with the Cocorro. It's the seat I want to love, but absolutely hate installing. And I can do really well with installs. Never had as much trouble as with this seat...I felt similarly about installing the Cosco AOE's rear facing. I love that seat, but rear facing installs stunk in lots of vehicles. When the Cocorro installs well, it really installs well. When it doesn't, it's a PITA. LOL

hths

Thanks! Do you have a pic?

LC2003

I emailed customer service and they said there is a grape fabric coming in the fall! Sorry, @jwilliams!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC