2014 Odyssey safety features question

LauraD

Hi there,
I'm planning on buying a 2014 Odyssey and I can't decide between the EX and the EX-L. I don't care about leather seats, but I kind of want the EX-L for the Lane Departure Warning and the Front Collision Warning. For those of you who have the EX-L (or higher), are the LDW and FCW actually useful? Do they work properly and do you think they actually help prevent a collision?
Thanks so much!
Laura

ADS

tl01

Hi there,
I'm planning on buying a 2014 Odyssey and I can't decide between the EX and the EX-L. I don't care about leather seats, but I kind of want the EX-L for the Lane Departure Warning and the Front Collision Warning. For those of you who have the EX-L (or higher), are the LDW and FCW actually useful? Do they work properly and do you think they actually help prevent a collision?
Thanks so much!
Laura

I just went from a 2013 to a 2014 2 weeks ago today and I really like the new safety systems. Sometimes they do warn you about an issue at random times... Like driving up a hill while turning... It thought I was going to hit a parked car but overall it isn't intrusive. Somehow one of the first days I had the new van I was looking at something... And missed that two cars ahead someone stopped almost completely in the middle of a fast parkway type road (45 mph speed limit ) because of one knocked down cone. I totally didn't expect that and it might have saved me from hitting the person in front of me who already had almost rear ended the person who should have just gone around the cone.

LauraD

Thanks, tl01. Does the LDW and FCW make the same noise? I'd be worried that the LDW would beep, and that I'd think it was the FCW and get alarmed and then brake instinctively. Makes me nervous that it would make driving potentially more dangerous.

tl01

Thanks, tl01. Does the LDW and FCW make the same noise? I'd be worried that the LDW would beep, and that I'd think it was the FCW and get alarmed and then brake instinctively. Makes me nervous that it would make driving potentially more dangerous.

I think it is the same beep but the FCW system also flashes the words brake on the screen where the speedometer is. I haven't been bothered yet by confusing them. Really it just makes sure you have all your focus on the road... If that makes sense.

MotoMommaNH

The LDW can be annoying at times...especially on narrow residential roads.

I totally agree and on a certain road near my house that I travel about 40 mph I tend to shut it off. Although on a late drive home on the highway from my parents with two kiddos (no hubby) I appreciated it being there to keep me from drifting just on case.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC