does your bubblebum look like this?

rachelandtyke

This is my Bubblebum gently inflated by mouth only. I'm thinking it's not supposed to be like this . . . shouldn't the top and bottom be flat? That's what it looks like online. To me it looks overinflated, but it says to only use it fully inflated . . .

Last edited:
ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Does seem to bulge more than I recall. Not sure if that's a problem or not, though.

cookie123

That looks over inflated to me. Mine doesn't look like that at all. Maybe you should email and ask. Enclose the photos.

Baylor

From what I understand it has been tested to work even if deflated so I would just let some air out until it is more level.

Athena

I can make ours look like that, but I don't inflate it that much for use.

Is that why my DD felt like she was sliding off, did I over inflate it? When it said inflate fully (or whatever the wording), maybe I took it too literally? OP, I think ours looked like that too.

rachelandtyke

Maybe I'm too literal, but I thought fully inflated meant until I couldn't inflate it any more. :confused: I think the manual even says that. Anyway, I contacted the company and will let you all know what they say!

Athena

Maybe I'm too literal, but I thought fully inflated meant until I couldn't inflate it any more. :confused: I think the manual even says that. Anyway, I contacted the company and will let you all know what they say!

Me too! I thought I was supposed to "fully inflate" and to me that meant as much as possible, until no more fit.

Thanks for looking into this!

Athena

CS Rep emailed me back and said it shouldn't be like that and is sending a replacement. :thumbsup:

I just looked at mine and it's actually not that puffy, but it is totally assymetrical looking. The left side doesn't look as inflated (while the right is very full). Does the cover come off? I can't tell if it's just the cover or the inner air pillow. I've never used it, but I did leave it inflated after trying it for fit. I thought that would be okay to do. Is this okay to use? I wonder if it would make the kid lean to the side, especially considering it was already slippery, according to DD. Or maybe that was why it was? I'd really like this to work for us.

P.S. This is as full as I can get it!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC