Air Canada with Clek Foonf

U

Unregistered

Hi there,

We are travelling with our 15 month old on an Air Canada flight in a few weeks and trying to sort out the best way to get our Foonf to the plane with our little one in tow. We have purchased her a seat and are planning to take the Foonf on board. Our options as I see them are as follows:

1) Buy a Weelee bag for the Clek and take it to the gate. Then gate check the Weelee bag and take the Foonf on board. The other adult would take the stroller with our daughter in it and we'd gate check the stroller along with the Weelee.

2) Get a Britax car seat travel cart and attach the Foonf. Our little one can then sit in the car seat, but not really critical because we'll have a stroller too. We could probably just check the stroller.

3) Carry our little one and stack the car seat on the stroller somehow.

Any opinions? I'm leaning more towards 1, because the Weelee bag is a good option for checking the car seat in the future (very padded from what I hear) when our little one can sit on the plan with a lap belt, but can't ride in a car without a car seat.

ADS

Mary_Ann

Hi! I also own a Foonf and there is no way I would drag that beast in an airport. Instead of buying a bag, you could buy a new lightweight car seat, such as the Evenflo Titan 65/Sureride. It will last awhile rear facing and forward facing.

Note that it is not recommended to check a car seat since it can be damaged or lost.

Hope that helps!

Mommy!

Hi,

Congratulations on deciding to buy your daughter a seat! She will be much safer, and you will all enjoy a more pleasant flight.

I would avoid bringing the Foonf as well. Depending on your daughter's size, even a Cosco Scenera might be a good, cheap choice (about $45-$50 maybe?).

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hi,

Congratulations on deciding to buy your daughter a seat! She will be much safer, and you will all enjoy a more pleasant flight.

I would avoid bringing the Foonf as well. Depending on your daughter's size, even a Cosco Scenera might be a good, cheap choice (about $45-$50 maybe?).

If the OP is in Canada (I'm guessing so if flying AC), then the Scenera rear-faces to only 32", and is more like $90.

The Tribute on sale at Canadian Tire this week for $65 is a much longer lasting option, and then even MORE long lasting is the Evenflo Titan 65 at Walmart for $99. It weighs 10lbs...you could easily bungee it to the stroller.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC