CPS Car-seat Program A+

Beloved

I went with a friend to a CPS car-seat program. I was a little worried about what would be given and that the video would be outdated. The flyer to apply for a free seat had some very old car-seat pictures.

The video was very well done. It stressed rear-facing to the minimum of 2 or outgrown and to use the top tether when forward-facing and use harness until outgrown. All the information was current and stressed recommendations instead of the bare minimum law. Half the women their were pregnant and the other half had kids under 3. The handout that was given said they give either Surerides or Maestros. All were given a Sureride.

I was very impressed with the whole thing and happy so many kids have a seat that will fit for a very long time. I wanted to ask at what point they give out the Maestro, but they were busy handing out seats. From what I could tell, they wait until closer to 4 years. The only thing that was a surprise was that the women who were pregnant didn't get an infant seat. It isn't necessary, but I assumed they would be available.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The only thing that was a surprise was that the women who were pregnant didn't get an infant seat. It isn't necessary, but I assumed they would be available.

IME, most programs don't give out infant seats (we give baseless infant buckets to mothers who don't have cars). They are not financially justifiable. They cost more than convertibles and are usable for far less time.

kathysr98

I went with a friend to a CPS car-seat program. I was a little worried about what would be given and that the video would be outdated. The flyer to apply for a free seat had some very old car-seat pictures. The video was very well done. It stressed rear-facing to the minimum of 2 or outgrown and to use the top tether when forward-facing and use harness until outgrown. All the information was current and stressed recommendations instead of the bare minimum law. Half the women their were pregnant and the other half had kids under 3. The handout that was given said they give either Surerides or Maestros. All were given a Sureride. I was very impressed with the whole thing and happy so many kids have a seat that will fit for a very long time. I wanted to ask at what point they give out the Maestro, but they were busy handing out seats. From what I could tell, they wait until closer to 4 years. The only thing that was a surprise was that the women who were pregnant didn't get an infant seat. It isn't necessary, but I assumed they would be available.

That's awesome! I'm glad you have a quality program in your area for yourself and to refer others.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC