Field trip tomorrow, that means a rented minivan in my garage

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
And five of my seats in it! LOL What fun. I scratched myself once (itty bitty scratch, it matches the itty bitty cat scratch about two centimeters away from it) but didn't break any nails. With three seatbelt installations with locking latchplates and one LATCH installation (then Piper's Parkway). It's a 2007 Dodge Caravan. I'm sure there are those here who love their Caravans. I'm not one of them. I'm glad this isn't mine. It's neat to drive a van -- I do want one -- but the driver's seat is by far the best thing about it. The LATCH situation in the third row is dismal. I can understand why they only have one, and where it's located, but how about a couple of extra tethers back there at least? Sheesh.

I told Piper's teacher that I would have seats enough for four others and that I could quickly check the other seats before we left. She said in FL where she lived someone from the fire department came and checked everyone's seats as they dropped their kids off. I told her that a REAL check is about a half hour, maybe up to two hours, and it's more than just looking at it. The teacher said I should tell the front desk about it (that's where the head of the school sits, it's a small school). Maybe since it's supposed to be cooler I can set up a week where anyone who wants their seats checked can put their name on a list for a time and I'll just hang out at the school and do it. I should be hearing back about my senior checker application shortly, which isn't necessary, but it'd be nice to have.

Anyway, how I geeked away my Wednesday evening:
1538569588_fd4c8d8c57.jpg

1538549832_b1222377eb.jpg

1538528944_30ef8d6005.jpg

Wendy

ADS

LuvBug

fun!!!

hey if you remember, when you take the radians out, could you take a detailed picture of how the tether is? Ive never actually seen a good photo of one.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
wow! mightly impressive!!!!!! it just somehow looks soooo cool with so many seats in a car!! :)

I know, it looks like a bus! It looked so forlorn when it was just Piper in her booster (and those stupid lightweight locking latchplates, she was so confused that she couldn't lock the seatbelt on herself). When I have a van I hope it'll look a little better with her in a captain's chair, rather than on a bench.

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
fun!!!

hey if you remember, when you take the radians out, could you take a detailed picture of how the tether is? Ive never actually seen a good photo of one.

Yeah, sure. You can see part of the tether on the Radian on the right (as seen from the back). It has the same loosening mechanism as my Wizard, but instead of a V it's a straight tether, and it comes from very low on the seat, rather than at the top like the Wizard.

I'll get pictures tomorrow.

Wendy

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Wow, nice work! Wanna come play in the rear row of my Mazda 5? :evil grin:

My Radian kind of has a V... it starts out as a V, but the part with the hook is just one strap. Is that what yours are, or have they changed it?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wow, nice work! Wanna come play in the rear row of my Mazda 5? :evil grin:

My Radian kind of has a V... it starts out as a V, but the part with the hook is just one strap. Is that what yours are, or have they changed it?

No, it's just like that. But the V isn't big enough to do anything, so I discount it.

Wendy

ZephyrBlue

Nice collection of seats, especially for one child, LOL!! :thumbsup:

Does Piper not like girly stuff? All those seats, and not a pink or flowered cover in the bunch! I could never get away with that with my 2 girls!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Nice collection of seats, especially for one child, LOL!! :thumbsup:

Does Piper not like girly stuff? All those seats, and not a pink or flowered cover in the bunch! I could never get away with that with my 2 girls!

Well, the Radian 65s don't come in pink. She picked out the brown one, the gray one was sent to us.

The Wizards only came in blue when we got them, but a lady whose seat I checked gave us the free midnight cover.

The Parkway was the last at BRU and it was on sale. So that's what we got.

However, when we go to the store Piper pines over the girly Marathon, and she LOVES the Madison Regent. That's next for her. She is very girly girl (we're painting her room pink soon) and would love a pink seat. It just hasn't worked out that way. LOL

Wendy

ThreeBeans

Whoa, very nice. Glad you had the Radians for the non tethered positions. It wouldn't work to put a booster back there and move one of the Radians forward to the center position?

Which seat will P be riding in tomorrow?

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Piper flipped at the idea of sitting in the back row. So she went behind me since I could do R,W,R in the back. Plus the back is so tight that it would have been a pain (literally) to buckle her, whereas the middle bench had a lot of space to buckle in, especially with the Wizard there installed with LATCH.

She sat in her booster, since I was expecting five kids. There were only four, so we ended up with a spare seat, and I didn't really want three kids across the back since I didn't have to (especially since the kid who ended up annoying everyone else was in the back driver's side). So Piper was in her booster.

I was surprised, normally when I carry a child used to a booster I get resistance to a harness. Not today. The child who normally rode in a booster choose the Radian (I let them choose where they sat and in what). Other than saying he was unbuckled and causing me to pull over and check him, he didn't mention it. I would have been impressed if he could have unbuckled the Radian.

Wendy

ZephyrBlue

I have always wished that I had gotten the Foofy WZ instead of the Windowpane- we loved our Foofy MA and the girls and I miss it terribly. The denim one is way better than the Windowpane, though.

That brown Radian isn't half bad, but a Princess would look pretty nice next to my 7yo's Madison Regent and 4.5yo's Shannon BV ;) And my DS loves pink, so maybe as the next seat.... hmmmm.....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC