Question Help! Which seat: Aton 2, Aton Q, Nuna Pipa

ealletto

I'm pregnant with my 3rd baby and just realized that the infant carrier seat I used previously is expired. The baby is expected to arrive in 3 weeks so I'm under a bit of a time crunch. In the research I've done over the last 4 days I've narrowed our options to the Aton 2, Aton Q, or Nuna Pipa (I love the load leg feature and the safety options on those seats). I would like the seat to work with our stroller, a bugaboo cameleon and so far I think all three seats will work (I know the Nuna has an adapter and from what I've read, the Aton can work with the stroller using Maxi Cossi adapters) -- I wasn't expecting to have to purchase a new seat, and I definitely don't want to have to purchase a new stroller. We drive a 2013 Odyssey so I don't need to have a smaller seat, so that isn't part of my decision making, I only mention it b/c that feature seems to be part of many of the reviews of those seats. I am concerned about the weight of the seat, but not too much b/c I normally transition my kids into a convertible seat between 6-9 months...although that's usually b/c they were so miserable in their carrier. And perhaps that won't be the case this time around.

Anyway, if anyone can share what they love about their seat (if you have one of the 3 mentioned) or any advice about what seat is the best for safety, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!!!!

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I'd go for the Aton Q over the Aton 2 just for the better canopy!

Between the Aton Q and the Nuna Pipa it is a very tough choice. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, they are both excellent infant carseats. We do have a Nuna Pipa review, but our Aton Q review may not be published in time for you.

If one fits your preferred stroller better, that might be enough reason to choose it;-) I can't imagine there is any significant difference in safety, at least nothing that would be supported by any current data.

Consider also that any properly installed and used infant carseat is extremely safe. If you think you might only use it for 12 months or less, perhaps a less expensive model is worth consideration? You won't get the load leg, of course, but the Chicco Keyfit (original 22 lb. model) would also be a very good choice and is relatively light weight. It's relatively easy to install as well. Bugaboo has an adapter for the Chameleon also.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Chicco-KeyFit-Infant-Seat-Chevron/dp/B0081K8MHY/"]Amazon.com : Chicco KeyFit 22 Infant Car Seat, Chevron : Rear Facing Child Safety Car Seats : Baby[/ame]

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd go for the Aton Q over the Aton 2 just for the better canopy!

Between the Aton Q and the Nuna Pipa it is a very tough choice. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, they are both excellent infant carseats. We do have a Nuna Pipa review, but our Aton Q review may not be published in time for you.

If one fits your preferred stroller better, that might be enough reason to choose it;-) I can't imagine there is any significant difference in safety, at least nothing that would be supported by any current data.

Consider also that any properly installed and used infant carseat is extremely safe. If you think you might only use it for 12 months or less, perhaps a less expensive model is worth consideration? You won't get the load leg, of course, but the Chicco Keyfit (original 22 lb. model) would also be a very good choice and is relatively light weight. It's relatively easy to install as well. Bugaboo has an adapter for the Chameleon also.

Amazon.com : Chicco KeyFit 22 Infant Car Seat, Chevron : Rear Facing Child Safety Car Seats : Baby

:yeahthat: Between the Aton 2 and Q, I'd go for the Q. It's feature rich and will fit small babies better. It definitely has stroller compatibility using Maxi Cosi adapters. As for the Q vs. the Pipa, that's a much harder choice. The Pipa has some installation issues with the rigid LATCH and recline angle, but I don't know if the Ody is one of the vans with the issues.

I didn't know the KeyFit 22 was still being sold separately--thought it was only part of a travel system. I like the 30 ;).

jordansmom

We recently decided between the Peg 4.35, Aton Q, and Nuna Pupa....the Pipa won out for us! Baby is due any moment now, so can't say how it is working out, but as far as the actual seat, install, NAND compatibility, it is fantastic and we love it!

It is installed with rigid LATCH and recline foot out in the plus one seat of our '14 Ody. No problems installing it in the captains chairs either and with seats next to it in wide mode.

Here is a link to my thread with some other opinions that may help:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=267277

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC