Facebook ad for SOS system

ADS

katymyers

Wouldn't that fall under 'aftermarket accessories' and be considered unsafe? I don't think I'd feel comfortable using a chest clip that wasn't approved by the manufacturer for my specific seat.

1mommy

True, but as the chest clip is technically just a pre crash positioner, I would think it would be not too bad, but I'm not a tech.

tiggercat

True, but as the chest clip is technically just a pre crash positioner, I would think it would be not too bad, but I'm not a tech.

I think sometimes people see "pre-crash positioner" and think the chest clip is inconsequential. It may not be designed to withstand crash forces, but it still must meet a specific set of parameters and function in a specific way during a crash to avoid causing injury to the child. Typically, we can expect chest clips to slide down or open in a way that doesn't cause unintentional injury. The width of the chest clip also positions the straps optimally on the child's shoulders. Adding a chest clip of different shape or dimensions may negatively impact the performance of the child restraint.

For that reason, they really ought to approach manufacturers to test and approve such products for use on their seats before selling them.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I can't click around right now, but how does it install? I see it connects to the car battery. Does that mean there are wires attached? Do you have to install/uninstall it every time you install/uninstall the seat? What's the voltage? Cuz I'm not thrilled with the idea of an electronic part of the car being strapped to my kid's chest.

tiggercat

I can't click around right now, but how does it install? I see it connects to the car battery. Does that mean there are wires attached? Do you have to install/uninstall it every time you install/uninstall the seat? What's the voltage? Cuz I'm not thrilled with the idea of an electronic part of the car being strapped to my kid's chest.

It looks wireless, two part system, the chest clip sends info the the receiver that is plugged in somewhere in the vehicle.

1mommy

I think sometimes people see "pre-crash positioner" and think the chest clip is inconsequential. It may not be designed to withstand crash forces, but it still must meet a specific set of parameters and function in a specific way during a crash to avoid causing injury to the child. Typically, we can expect chest clips to slide down or open in a way that doesn't cause unintentional injury. The width of the chest clip also positions the straps optimally on the child's shoulders. Adding a chest clip of different shape or dimensions may negatively impact the performance of the child restraint. For that reason, they really ought to approach manufacturers to test and approve such products for use on their seats before selling them.

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC