Car seats and my kids are always so frustrating! Pics of 4 ever...

tl01

My kids have long torsos and my oldest is pretty tall so seats are outgrown more quickly than I would prefer. DS2 gets carsick so we had to turn him early and then he goes off outgrowing the foonf by height just when he turned 4. He has so much trouble staying asleep in the car and cries when he wakes too early... And he will just cry for the remainder of the drive. Anyway.. I got him a 4ever today hoping he would sleep brilliantly in it... Usually his head bobs a bit but it pops back up when he rides in the Frontier 90. In full recline in the 4ever... Which is practically like a my ride forward facing... He slumps right away and stays that way. Should I return it? I love this seat but am thinking it won't fix my issue:(. He seems to love the seat and says it is his favorite. Sigh.

Each time he slumped, I put his head back up and at the next light it fell again.

Before driving off...

Because he thinks it is cold in the car during the summer....

Literally two minutes later.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Didn't notice this in booster mode with my 9-year old, though he never fell asleep in it. Thanks!

tl01

Didn't notice this in booster mode with my 9-year old, though he never fell asleep in it. Thanks!

I think it is just my luck;). I really love the options this seat affords... Just can't figure out why it doesn't work for my sweet boy!

MommyShannon

I think some kids just tend to slump. I've always thought the FR85 was the best sleeping seat based on my older 2 kids. Then I put DD2 in it...

She sort of slumped even RF. Was he mad about the slump this time too? DD2 minds in some seats and not others.

tracee877

It seems the head rest is too high and the sides are too far apart? Maybe he needs a seat where the head rest hugs his head better, although I can't think of any off the top of my head. :eek:

tl01

It seems the head rest is too high and the sides are too far apart? Maybe he needs a seat where the head rest hugs his head better, although I can't think of any off the top of my head. :eek:

The headrest can't go lower... And yes I can see that maybe the headrest is too wide for him. He loved the foonf headrest though he would still
wake up in that seat. He looks pretty I comfy in the frontier 90
And complains the positions he contorts his neck into hurts.

tl01

I think some kids just tend to slump. I've always thought the FR85 was the best sleeping seat based on my older 2 kids. Then I put DD2 in it...

She sort of slumped even RF. Was he mad about the slump this time too? DD2 minds in some seats and not others.

He wasn't upset yesterday bc it was only a 10 min drive. Today we have a 2.5+ hour drive so I guess we shall see;). I always bring a back up
seat so I guess I can switch if he's not happy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC