Need Insight...

Would you wake your sick child up at 5am to go to their grandparents b/c they refused to pick her up

• Yes

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
Thanks... it's been resolved.

It was a total catastrophe, but it's over and done with :)

Thanks for all the input, i really appreciate it.

Last edited:
ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
You aren't really giving us a whole lot to go on here.

If you don't wake her and drive her, do ya'll stay home? How does that effect the family?

What is she sick with?

Why are they refusing to pick her up?

Do they normally pick her up?

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
You aren't really giving us a whole lot to go on here.

If you don't wake her and drive her, do ya'll stay home? How does that effect the family?

I live with my parents so when I have to be at work early, my dad drops DD off at school which starts at 9.

What is she sick with?

Whooping cough :(

Why are they refusing to pick her up?

They don't want to drive to my house b/c I was willing to drive to theirs at 5:30am

Do they normally pick her up?
From school which is 5 mins away, but not fairly often from my house which is like 15 mins away.

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
Will G-ma have to pick her up at 5?
No, that's the point, DD would stay with my dad until 8 when she normally wakes up and Grandma would pick her up after so she didn't have to get interupted sleep

Or does Dad go into work later?
DD's dad refused to pick her up before he had to go to work. My dad (her grandpa) doesn't work. I just thought he could have a break from DD because grandma offered to watch her and he watched her all day today

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Well, it's not very considerate of G-ma to make the poor sick baby get up at 5 am.

(((Hugs)))

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
Well, it's not very considerate of G-ma to make the poor sick baby get up at 5 am.

(((Hugs)))

Honestly, if she was not sick and it wasn't at the a$$ crack of dawn, i'd have NO problem dropping her off. But something about a sick baby getting up at 5:30 and me knowing that she could pick her up later, but just doesn't want to makes me so sad.

*sigh* remind me next time just to let my dad watch her again so i could have avoided this whole thing.

cryswilkins

To me, free child care is free child care. If that is the only way, then I would do it, not happily, but I would. I think that it is a bit inconsiderate of g-ma, but who am I to judge.

StarrNanny

I voted no... but really if I had no other choice I'd probably put her in the car in her pjs and let her go back to sleep at grandma's

I voted no. If I'm understanding it all correctly, there's no reason to wake the child up early other than g-ma not wanting to drive over and pick her up later when she wakes on her own. A sick child should be allowed to sleep, uninterrupted, if possible. :twocents:

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Well, with my parents' if they didn't want to pick her up in the morning, and I didn't want to drop her off so early, I would have taken her over there the night before and let her sleep over. Of course, I trust my parents ( or my ex's parents for that matter) to take as good of care of my sick kiddo as I do. As a single mom, I've had to send my ill children off to grandparents for the duration of the illness on several occasions :( as I can't CAN'T miss work unless I'm dead and transport back and forth has not always been an option.

natysr

I would do it. But it does sound like g-ma is being a PITA.

I wouldn't make the kid get dressed at 5 am though. I just put her in the car and tell her to go back to sleep and then put her back to bed at g-ma's house.

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
As a single mom, I've had to send my ill children off to grandparents for the duration of the illness on several occasions :( as I can't CAN'T miss work unless I'm dead and transport back and forth has not always been an option.

Sleeping over there hasn't been going so great. She gets so excited about sleeping over, but when the time comes, she calls me late at night crying that she wants to come home and misses me. She's supposed to be over there right now, but shes right next to me playing a game because she doesn't want to sleep over there. She's fine spending the entire night there, but she's unfortunately not okay with sleepovers yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC