Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPST Instructor QuassEE's Avatar

Airline Flights - 4 r/t - Perfect between AK and the 48.

I have some air miles I'm not going to be able to use and some bills that need paying. While the air miles themselves are not transferable unless you pay a fee, I am able to book flights in other names and have done so a number of times.

I have four r/t or eight one way flights on Alaska Air or their arms reach miles partner airlines for $450 r/t or $230 one way; I pay the airport/redemption fee. It makes the most sense to use these if you were planning on flying somewhere last minute or that's really very expensive in dollars but has a low air mile redemption rate (12.5k air miles per direction). I've booked $1200+ flights for friends for $450--it's a win all around. This is also a good way to spend a bit less as a family for travel.

PM me--not with questions, but if you're ready to book a flight now and you're familiar with Alaska miles and redemption. Questions are fine here, since if you have a question then others may as well.

ETA: Someone asked me about Canada...yes, Canada is included but the actual flight will probably be on a partner--American or Delta, most likely.

-Nicole.
    Last edited by QuassEE; 07-01-2014 at 08:26 PM.

Abbi (9, Ozzi/Olli), Aiden (11, Affix), Mason (16), & Kyle (18) in '02 Protege5 & '11 Ody TE.
    It's like free money...Couponsurfers.com

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Airline Flights - 4 r/t - Perfect between AK and the 48.

Still available! Somebody must be going somewhere?!

-N.

Abbi (9, Ozzi/Olli), Aiden (11, Affix), Mason (16), & Kyle (18) in '02 Protege5 & '11 Ody TE.

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    If you can get me from Chicago to Vegas...those aren't very close to Alaska, though.

I could, but Chicago to Vegas isn't going to be an expensive enough flight to make it worthwhile...unless you're going tomorrow. If you search your flight and it comes up $500+ let me know.

-N.

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    Oh, good point. I didn't really pay attention to the numbers you listed

So Hawaii is for sure not included? I was about to purchase an Alaska air ticket for Hawaii.
    Mama to Baby Girl N - two years old
    Loving Stepmother of wonderful girls, H-9 and S-5

I'll check now and edit this to let you know.

ETA:
    It's more miles but depending on the cost of the Hawaii flight it still might save you some money. PM me your flight plans and I'll work it out and let you know; if it's cheaper, win-win.

-N.

Still available.

-N.

These are pending for the next 18 days for someone wanting to go to Barrow at the end of June (you can only book so far ahead). I will remove when sold or bump if it falls through.

-N.