Graco Endurance / Milestone

ADS

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
I hope that cup holder is removable! I refuse to buy a seat where the cup holder can't be removed.

laurenandalex

I purchased a Milestone from Target today in an attempt to solve a few carseat puzzles in our fleet. I have to say at unboxing I am pleasantly surprised. It takes up less room front to back than my Classic Marathon (or SK XTSL with AA), and yet, affords a significant amount of greater shell height over the Britax. So far, I'm a fan of the low sides (not quite Radian/Diono low), but allowing lots of clearance for rear facing toddlers/preschoolers who load themselves in and out. It is at least as narrow as the Classic Marathon, but I have not measured and I'm not sure how it will be for puzzling situations. I believe I had read it is more narrow than the Clones (which are supposedly 18") and possibly as narrow as the 4ever (though I'm not sure…) Creature comforts seem adequate--I like the foam-like padding and the velvety soft infant insert. And my son will be thrilled for his own cupholder like his big sister! It installs quite upright via LATCH, even in the first recline position, in our 2010 Jetta Sportwagen. This is fine for my rear facing 3 year old--but not so much for our future infant. There is a level line that is supposed to be level with the ground when rear facing (can this be parental discretion?); I haven't looked at it thoroughly since I switched from recline position 2 to 1 (as it is on the other side of the carseat from where I was working--and I'm parked on a slight incline). I'm going to get out the angle meter on the iPhone to see how it's doing. Will also plan to install in our 2014 Odyssey for comparison sake!

edited to add: the cupholder is removal and can be installed on either side of the seat.

Last edited:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If there's a line and not a range then you have to follow the line.

Sounds awesome! Just fyi, the Classic Britaxes and the 4Ever are all 19-19.5" wide at the widest.

Wendy

mom2ari

If you do get a chance to test it out in the oddy, would you please check how it does RFing on the plus one seat? I have read the clones don't install well there, and neither do any of the other longer lasting RFing seats, so it would be great if this one does!

laurenandalex

That's too bad about the line. I'll have to move it to level ground to get a good look. Incidentally, at its most reclined, it seems quite upright for a newborn. Do the support pillows alter the angle at all?

Are the clones really only 18.5" wide? As I'm deliberating, I'm wondering about 3 across potential. Graco reports the Milestone at 20". I'll have to take a tape measure out tomorrow!

tentoes

If you do get a chance to test it out in the oddy, would you please check how it does RFing on the plus one seat? I have read the clones don't install well there, and neither do any of the other longer lasting RFing seats, so it would be great if this one does!

The clones I've installed (Headwise in a 2012 Ody and My Size in a 2014 Ody) have both installed well, RF, in the Plus One seat.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Maybe it's semantics with the terminology, but the "PlusOne" seat usually refers to the very narrow, stowable seat found in the 2005-2010 Odyssey. Few carseats fit well in the PlusOne, but it was handy for pre-teens and small adults and easily removed to make an aisle.

In 2011, Honda got rid of the PlusOne in favor of a 3-seat bench that can be converted to "wide mode" that separates the "Multi-Function" center seat. This middle seat has LATCH, is wider than the PlusOne and much more compatible with carseats than the PlusOne. It can also move forward to put it in easier reach of the front seat, much like the previous generation Sienna's "Front and Center" middle seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC