Shocked at (good) belt fit

aeormsby

Yesterday when I was playing with boosters in the 3rd row of our Saturn I had DD (8.5yo, about 60lb and 51" tall) try out the belt without a booster. I knew it was a smaller back seat but was shocked:

In the 2nd picture she had her finger on her hip bone. Her feet were flat on the floor also :eek: That's with the shoulder strap adjuster that's in the car (love those things for NBB's).

She was all excited asking if she got to sit without a booster now. NOPE. But I told her if there was some kind of unexpected need to take a friend home from school/practice it would do in a pinch (not that it will probably happen). The other side of the back seat is worse though, the buckle stalk is on a strap so longer and lifts the belt higher on the belly. And the center spot was bad also.

ADS

Baylor

Yesterday when I was playing with boosters in the 3rd row of our Saturn I had DD (8.5yo, about 60lb and 51" tall) try out the belt without a booster. I knew it was a smaller back seat but was shocked:

In the 2nd picture she had her finger on her hip bone. Her feet were flat on the floor also :eek: That's with the shoulder strap adjuster that's in the car (love those things for NBB's).

She was all excited asking if she got to sit without a booster now. NOPE. But I told her if there was some kind of unexpected need to take a friend home from school/practice it would do in a pinch (not that it will probably happen). The other side of the back seat is worse though, the buckle stalk is on a strap so longer and lifts the belt higher on the belly. And the center spot was bad also.

I would absolutely let her ride without a booster if that was the fit of her belt at 8.5.

It looks great.

Suzibeck

I would let her ride without a booster there. The belt fit looks really good. That obviously won't carry over to every seating position in every car, you know that but you might have to spell it out for her.

Spam

Cute! I did this same thing with ds1 (turned 6 today) same stats your dd and was also surprised at the fit but he's still harnessed in a fr90 for now. We have a Saturn too.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
The fit is good and if she needs to ride in that position she'd be fine, but honestly, for an 8yo I would want to keep her in a booster so she gets the benefit of the "artificial hips".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC