Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Car seat for air travel.

Hello, I Will be traveling with my toddler alone and was looking for some recommendations on forward facing seats that are light weight and perfect for air travel. I already have the myride70 and it's pretty heavy. Can anyone suggest a car seat? Thank you! :-)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Car seat for air travel.

Hi there.

How old and heavy is your child?

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

She is 2 years old and weighs 27 lbs. My friend suggested the graco nautilus, but I'm not too sure about it. Thanks.

CPS Fanatic
    NOT the Nautilus LOL...it is very heavy. Try an Evenflo sureride for RFing or a Maestro if she is FFing.

We are flying in a few weeks and we have a scenera and evenflo symphony. We are traveling with the scenera because it is much lighter. My almost 2 year old is 24 lbs and 32.5 inches tall. Another plus is that it is very affordable, $39 so I'm okay with it possibly getting beat up. Maybe consider this seat for travel.

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Re: Car seat for air travel.

Quote Originally Posted by momof3reading View Post
    We are flying in a few weeks and we have a scenera and evenflo symphony. We are traveling with the scenera because it is much lighter. My almost 2 year old is 24 lbs and 32.5 inches tall. Another plus is that it is very affordable, $39 so I'm okay with it possibly getting beat up. Maybe consider this seat for travel.
    Well, it shouldn't get beat up when it's with you, unless the TSA agents are "helpful" to you (like me, when they removed my LATCH strap from my SureRide).

I'd look at the Safety 1st Guide 65. It's a great price, and rear faces to 40"/40 pounds and is more upright at 22 pounds than then Scenera, so more likely to fit rear facing on planes.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785