Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Question help with fitting 3 across in a 2005 chevy malibu and in a 2011 ford escape

Hello,
    Thank you ahead of time for any help you can offer! We are expecting baby #3 in about two months and are still trying to figure out which infant carseat to buy. The ones I am currently considering are the graco classic connect and chicco keyfit. So I need to fit an infant carseat, a forward facing convertible for a three year old, and my five year old will probably be switched to a booster.

Currently I have both of my kids in radians in the escape and evenflo triumphs in the malibu. I would like to continue to using the radians in either car (one as a booster one ff) but know that the evenflo seats are more bulky and realize that I might need to purchase a booster seat for the malibu and perhaps a less bulky convertible seat so that an infant seat will fit in there.

So I am looking for recommendations for a highback booster, possibly a new convertible seat, and infant seat that will fit in the malibu (unless it is possible to use the evenflo which would be great since were budgeting!) and am hoping to keep the radians and that they'll fit in the escape with an infant seat as well. Any recommendations would be great! Im feeling rather lost where to even start! Thanks so much!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello,
    Thank you ahead of time for any help you can offer! We are expecting baby #3 in about two months and are still trying to figure out which infant carseat to buy. The ones I am currently considering are the graco classic connect and chicco keyfit. So I need to fit an infant carseat, a forward facing convertible for a three year old, and my five year old will probably be switched to a booster.

Currently I have both of my kids in radians in the escape and evenflo triumphs in the malibu. I would like to continue to using the radians in either car (one as a booster one ff) but know that the evenflo seats are more bulky and realize that I might need to purchase a booster seat for the malibu and perhaps a less bulky convertible seat so that an infant seat will fit in there.

So I am looking for recommendations for a highback booster, possibly a new convertible seat, and infant seat that will fit in the malibu (unless it is possible to use the evenflo which would be great since were budgeting!) and am hoping to keep the radians and that they'll fit in the escape with an infant seat as well. Any recommendations would be great! Im feeling rather lost where to even start! Thanks so much!
    First: with a tight 3 across, switching from a harnessed seat to a booster is not likely to help make things fit. With a booster, you have to be able to reach the buckle stalk.

Second: the Radian makes a pretty terrible booster. If you're set on boostering, I would split up the Radians, one per vehicle, and get two boosters. Boosters are generally cheaper than combination seats, anyway.

I would look at getting a couple of Harmony Defenders or possibly Parkway SGLs (if you want to go with a booster).